KFLL Still poor frame rates on final approch with LM P3dv5 HF2.

Post product support request for our P3dv5 version products!
rsmith6621ab

Re: KFLL Still poor frame rates on final approch with LM P3dv5 HF2.

Post by rsmith6621ab » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:19 pm

Ricardo,

So the non-PBR version flight was really no better as far as FPS and then I remembered I did not visit the CONFIG file. So the 2nd flight, again KMSY, using the PMDG 738 setting at medium with textures at 1024, no ASP3 and everything in the FLL config turned off and it looked promising until I was over the ship(28L) in the harbor and then the FPS started to jump up and down from 28 to 14 and it was a slideshow the minute I got over the numbers, The VRAM never went above 4.5 which is good.

There is a discussion about KFLL going on at Facebook P3dv5 group and other people are getting the same thing with high end machines. So far I have not had issues with MSY/BWI/LEMD or SCEL.

Respectfully I think you need to spend some time and figure this issue out. I am hesitant about adding KSNA and KRSW to my library at the present time. While I will try other approaches in to KFLL, I bought KFLL for the sloped runway.

Regards
Randy

micstatic

Post by micstatic » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:39 am

Randy. Like the others. I have big problems at FLL. Doesn't matter if I use the non pbr textures or turn of MIA. So for now I uninstalled it. However, SNA and RSW shouldn't be a concern. They are fine.

shanepinheiro

Post by shanepinheiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:58 am

Same here. SNA works perfectly. Shouldn't have an issue with those. FLL is the only one that I can't get working regardless of what I do, uninstalled it as well.

Shane

airbadger

Post by airbadger » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:06 pm

My FPS isn't as low as OP's, but there's definitely something odd about FLL and how it's so intense on performance (I'm using the non-PBR version). I get way better FPS at LEMD, which is a much larger airport.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Hello all,
not sure what software update has happened recently, but it appears that the sloped runway platform is causing performance issues to certain users.

To confirm this is the issue please disable the file on p3d/latinvfr/Fort Lauderdale/Scenery FLL_elevrwy.BGL

Please post your results, and then we can see what can we do to reduce this or mitigate the problem.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

shanepinheiro

Post by shanepinheiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:52 am

By turning that file off the issue for me goes away but it removes the sloped runway and messes up 10R/28L. Anybody else?

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:55 pm

Thanks for the info, we would like more feedback, we can then try to optimize that file somehow.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

airbadger

Post by airbadger » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:53 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:55 pm
Thanks for the info, we would like more feedback, we can then try to optimize that file somehow.
Ricardo, here are my results:

Sloped runway BGL on: ~27 FPS
Sloped runway BGL off: ~56 FPS

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:15 pm

Thank you, the sloped runway has platforms which in the past have caused performance issues, I will have to see how to reduce this.

Will let you know so you can try a sample of the updated file to see if it improves.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:18 pm

I have sent PM to the last two people who reported improvement if they remove the file, so that they can try a file without the platforms to see if that's the issue.

Please let me know once you have tested.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner