LEMD VRAM usage

Post product support request for our P3dv5 version products!
ptysimmer

Re: LEMD VRAM usage

Post by ptysimmer » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:50 pm

Ricardo, I emailed you today with this same issue.

Clean Installation of P3DV5 HF2 with only KMIA & KFLL installed. My system includes 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, i9-9900K CPU & NVidia RTX2080TI OC with 11G VRAM !!!

Tried a test flight with default aircraft from KMIA to KFLL and my VRAM ran out of memory.
How can this be ????? This is HotFix 2 already !!!

The solution should never be to reduce our settings !! To be able to be as Maxed-Out as possible is the whole reason why I spent so much money on my High-End system.

To disable PBR options shouldn't be the solution as well.... We should be able to use them properly as with other sceneries.

Is there a solution to this problem ?

11GB of VRAM should be more than enough.........

Thanks Ricardo for your usual support !

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:30 am

Hi, it is my understanding that HF2 was not going to address the VRAM issues.

Like I mentioned before, these airports were created in P3dv4, where performance is managed differently than P3dv5. The solution would be to lower settings or get a more advanced video card.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

ptysimmer

Post by ptysimmer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:23 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:30 am
Hi, it is my understanding that HF2 was not going to address the VRAM issues.

Like I mentioned before, these airports were created in P3dv4, where performance is managed differently than P3dv5. The solution would be to lower settings or get a more advanced video card.
Ricardo.......

Most advanced video card ? I Have a RTX2080 TI OC Version with 11GB of VRAM....... Is there anything more advanced than that ? Only a prototype !

And you mentioned before that you were going to update both future and past airports to address this issue...... Is that not the case now ?

By saying that the solution for this issue is Lowering settings or changing cards then your products (At Least KMIA) are not P3DV5 compatible as of yet Ricardo as they cant be used as they were meant to be used.

Also, there is an issue of double textures, at least at the threshold of 08R at KMIA....... I sent you an image yesterday...... Any ideas what the problem might be ?

Thanks Ricardo !!

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi, sorry did not know exactly how was your card. You should have no problems running these airports as this video:

https://youtu.be/r3awCI89MDs

As to your picture I saw it but was very difficult to see clearly the problem, it may be you have KMIAv4 installed too with KMIAv5 that's why you got performance issues but you mentioned you did a clean install so I don't understand, those double markings shouldn't be. Please post another picture looking down to see this clearly.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

ptysimmer

Post by ptysimmer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:13 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:29 pm
Hi, sorry did not know exactly how was your card. You should have no problems running these airports as this video:

As to your picture I saw it but was very difficult to see clearly the problem, it may be you have KMIAv4 installed too with KMIAv5 that's why you got performance issues but you mentioned you did a clean install so I don't understand, those double markings shouldn't be. Please post another picture looking down to see this clearly.
Hi Ricardo !!

Saw the video and everything looks ok ! Of course, when I checked the settings he used in order to make that video, those were almost max-DOWNED. AS discussed before, Lowering settings on a System that is suppoussed to run EVERYTHING shouldnt be the solution. This does not happen with, for example, the most extensive eye-candy scenery from FlyTampa (KLAS).......No isses at all..... VRAM Usage is underneath 5GB at all times ! ........However, I was unable to take the top-down image of KMIA that you requested as, as soon as i loaded the scenery, the VRAM usage when nonstop from 5GB up to the "Ran out of VRAM error message" in less than 2 seconds. Remember that I have a 11GB VRAM Card.

This needs to be fixed....... It is not happenning with sceneries from other developers..... ! And I have them all... The Best Ones at least..........

Again, thanks for you usual support !

Javier

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:25 pm

ptysimmer wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:13 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi Ricardo !!

Saw the video and everything looks ok ! Of course, when I checked the settings he used in order to make that video, those were almost max-DOWNED. AS discussed before, Lowering settings on a System that is suppoussed to run EVERYTHING shouldnt be the solution. This does not happen with, for example, the most extensive eye-candy scenery from FlyTampa (KLAS).......No isses at all..... VRAM Usage is underneath 5GB at all times ! ........However, I was unable to take the top-down image of KMIA that you requested as, as soon as i loaded the scenery, the VRAM usage when nonstop from 5GB up to the "Ran out of VRAM error message" in less than 2 seconds. Remember that I have a 11GB VRAM Card.

This needs to be fixed....... It is not happenning with sceneries from other developers..... ! And I have them all... The Best Ones at least..........

Again, thanks for you usual support !

Javier
Hi Javier, thank you for the information.

The reality is that there are many many reports of VRAM issues with P3dv5 without my scenery, some just using some random payware aircraft and some basic scenery, LM has yet to fully address the subject of VRAM, I hope they do so in the near future.

I do recognize that KMIA does spend huge amount of VRAM resources, its unfortunate that for P3dv4 it did not cause issues but now it does.

FT KLAS is not as high on PBR, like KMIA, sure it does have many PBR buildings but our scenery has more PBR textures applied. That's an issue.

Allow me to offer you a non-PBR buildings KMIA for you to test. The ground, runways, taxiways etc are still PBR but the buildings are not. So far some people have had a much better outcome with that version.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

ptysimmer

Post by ptysimmer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:06 pm

Hi Javier, thank you for the information.

The reality is that there are many many reports of VRAM issues with P3dv5 without my scenery, some just using some random payware aircraft and some basic scenery, LM has yet to fully address the subject of VRAM, I hope they do so in the near future.

I do recognize that KMIA does spend huge amount of VRAM resources, its unfortunate that for P3dv4 it did not cause issues but now it does.

FT KLAS is not as high on PBR, like KMIA, sure it does have many PBR buildings but our scenery has more PBR textures applied. That's an issue.

Allow me to offer you a non-PBR buildings KMIA for you to test. The ground, runways, taxiways etc are still PBR but the buildings are not. So far some people have had a much better outcome with that version.
Ricardo, I understand what you are saying ! Is a shame that LM is still having this issue. I know it shouold be very frustrating for you as a developer.

Of course i accept your offer to test KMIA with partial PBR !!! You have my email ....... Please forward me instructions for uninstalling current version and installing this test version !! I will for sure report back to you with results ASAP ! Perhaps is possible to have your customer select which version of KMIA install directly from the main installer.... One with Full PBR for people that dont mind reducing system specs and one with partial PBR for people that need KMIA stable at high config settings......

Remember I also use your KFLL scenery, but I think KMIA is the main issue here.... Correct me If Im wrong Please !!!

As Always, Thanks for your excellent support ! Ive been your customer for many years and will keep supporting all your future projects !!

Javier

cwburnett

Post by cwburnett » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:06 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:16 pm
Hi, we made two Non-PBR versions of LEMD and KMIA, send us an email with your purchase information and we will send you those installers. let us know
Sounds great, email sent. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.