LEMD VRAM usage

Post product support request for our P3dv5 version products!
yves3550

LEMD VRAM usage

Post by yves3550 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:48 am

Hi,

Just took off from LEMD qith PMDG 747.
I found 7.1 to 7.8 VRAM usage. That's trumedous!
Could you find a solution to reduce this?
Thank's
Yves

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: LEMD VRAM usage

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed May 13, 2020 2:00 pm

Have you tried reducing the texture size to 1024x1024.

Also de-activate the animations on the scenery configurator tool.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

yves3550

Post by yves3550 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:47 pm

In fact, I'm not concerned as I have a 2080TI.
But your sceneries are known as using much VRAM.
The solution must not be to reduce the settings, I think you should try to reduce VRAM usage in your sceneries.
Many other sceneries use much less VRAM, and I don't want to give names of other brnads here...

Thank's and have a good day
Stay sfae
Yves

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed May 13, 2020 4:03 pm

yves3550 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:47 pm
In fact, I'm not concerned as I have a 2080TI.
But your sceneries are known as using much VRAM.
The solution must not be to reduce the settings, I think you should try to reduce VRAM usage in your sceneries.
Many other sceneries use much less VRAM, and I don't want to give names of other brnads here...

Thank's and have a good day
Stay sfae
Yves
Hi, these airports ran well in P3dv4. The problem is the way that P3dv5 manages VRAM. Large textures and most importantly PBR ones are causing this. We are working with Lockheed Martin to get to a solution but in the meantime if you reduce texture size at 1024x1024 as in this video you shouldn't have issues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3awCI8 ... ex=3&t=16s

Let me know
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

yves3550

Post by yves3550 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:57 pm

Good news.
Just red on AS forum they are also working with LM and waiting for an imminent second HF.
You could perhaps coontact them...

Yves

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed May 13, 2020 10:40 pm

yves3550 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:57 pm
Good news.
Just red on AS forum they are also working with LM and waiting for an imminent second HF.
You could perhaps coontact them...

Yves
Actually that's supposed to be secret information (under NDA). Yes we are also in contact with them.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

TopoGigio

Post by TopoGigio » Thu May 21, 2020 12:41 pm

In my case it has worked to reduce the texture size to 1024x1024.
Now I can use the scenery (before that the simulator crashes).
The difference in the quality of the texture from 2048 is only perceptible in the terrain, not in the autogen and objects. It´s a pity that you must reduce settings in order to make this scenery to work, but at least it works.

Something different is the AFCAD file.
If you want to modify something with ADE software, when compiling there are a lot of errors that do not let you compile the file. And there are many parking spots that must change because there are airlines that do not use those parking spots.

Would you mind to release a fix to be able to use ADE without all those errors?

Thank you in advance.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu May 21, 2020 12:57 pm

hi, send us an email and we will send you the ADE format file for LEMD.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

cwburnett

Post by cwburnett » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi there, just wanted to add to this that I also am finding it very hard to use specifically LEMD and KMIA. The others are fine. My textures are already at 1024 and I've had to reduce my screen resolution from 4K to 1440p in v5. However, I still run out of VRAM at LEMD on my 8GB GPU (RTX2070).

I've disabled most of the features of the scenery. At my new normal settings at LEBL I am using 5GB VRAM and at LEMD with the same settings 6.5+GB. To use LEMD I have to set my LOD to Medium, turn off Water, Dynamic Lighting, Dynamic Reflections and Shadows. With all that off, it looks and feels like flying to default FSX scenery :D And it is still somehow using 5.5+GB of VRAM...

Anyhow, I have a graphics profile setup that works for LEMD, but I basically avoid this airport I just purchased because it just doesn't look good with those settings and all of the details you worked so hard on disabled... LEBL is my go-to Spain airport because of this.

I know it's a struggle and there's maybe no easy solution, but there's something unique about KMIA and LEMD that doesn't exist at any of my other LVFR airports including KMSY, KRDU, KSNA, KEYW, MHRO or TJSJ. All of those work the same as my Flightbeam, ORBX, etc airports - I'm in the 5-5.5GB VRAM usage at those airports, but LEMD and KMIA bust the budget.

Anyhow, now that the HF2 waiting game is over, maybe there's something to be done with some of the textures or objects to help lighten the load just a little?

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:16 pm

Hi, we made two Non-PBR versions of LEMD and KMIA, send us an email with your purchase information and we will send you those installers. let us know
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner