GSX for MSFS files

traxap

Re: GSX for MSFS files

Post by traxap » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:00 pm

I am attaching couple pictures to show the issues I am experiencing at KBDL.
Again, thank you for your assistance.

traxap

Post by traxap » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:31 pm

Thank you for your suggestion, however, I did not find instructions inside the zip file LVFR-KBDL-GSX-Fix.zip

This is the file structure inside the zip file:
LVFR-KBDL-GSX-Fix.zip\scenery\world\scenery

My MSFS2020 KBDL installation is located here:
C:\MSFS\Official\OneStore\lvfr-kbdl\scenery\global\scenery\TEXTURE

As you can see I already have two "scenery" folders. One before "Global" and one after Global, However, I do not have a "World" folder like in your zipped file.

So my question is, what folders and files I use and where do I place them in my file structure?

Thank you.

EBISETTIA

Post by EBISETTIA » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:01 pm

Hello Everyone!. I tried this solution since KSAN has all the gate numbers wrong when using GSX PRO, but it is not working for me. This is my path where I unzipped the file is D:\...\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\lvfr-ksan\scenery\world\scenery\objects.bgl

I bought 4 airports from MS Market Place, LVFR Barcelona, KSAN, LEMD, and Miami, none of the zip files have instructions for this solution.

Here is a screenshot of the gate numbers after placing the file. Still not matching the airport's numbers.
https://ibb.co/JtC3Z9S

Am I doing something wrong?.
Thank you in advance for your help and patience.

KR EB

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:59 pm

traxap wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:31 pm
Thank you for your suggestion, however, I did not find instructions inside the zip file LVFR-KBDL-GSX-Fix.zip

This is the file structure inside the zip file:
LVFR-KBDL-GSX-Fix.zip\scenery\world\scenery

My MSFS2020 KBDL installation is located here:
C:\MSFS\Official\OneStore\lvfr-kbdl\scenery\global\scenery\TEXTURE

As you can see I already have two "scenery" folders. One before "Global" and one after Global, However, I do not have a "World" folder like in your zipped file.

So my question is, what folders and files I use and where do I place them in my file structure?

Thank you.
You need to extract the files into the custom scenery folder within the MSFS2020 community folder.

For KMIA for example the folder to extract to would be Community\lvfr-miami\scenery.

The community folder should be wherever you specified when installing the sim.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

EBISETTIA

Post by EBISETTIA » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:32 am

Hello Ricardo!!!, that was it, now all the gates have the correct numbers in GSX PRO.

Thank you once again!
Have a great day.

KR

EB

kiloquebec9

Post by kiloquebec9 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:53 pm

Hello!

I purchased the KMIA scenery directly from the Marketplace inside Microsoft Flight Simulator. I've downloaded the GSX Pro file for the airport from this thread. But I simply cannot get it to work. Am I supposed to put it inside the Community folder or the OneStore (official) folder? I think I'm missing a step, so some clarification is greatly appreciated. Right now, the way it's set up, there are two gate numbers for each gate, a gate number from GSX Pro (e.g., Gate 101, Gate 102, etc.) and a gate in the style of the airport (e.g., D25, F14, J9, etc.). Each "gate" has slightly different placements for aircraft parking.

I've had to disable KMIA's custom jetways in GSX, but I would like to have all the fixes for KMIA from the objects.bgl. file. Any help is appreciated.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:02 pm

kiloquebec9 wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:53 pm
Hello!

I purchased the KMIA scenery directly from the Marketplace inside Microsoft Flight Simulator. I've downloaded the GSX Pro file for the airport from this thread. But I simply cannot get it to work. Am I supposed to put it inside the Community folder or the OneStore (official) folder? I think I'm missing a step, so some clarification is greatly appreciated. Right now, the way it's set up, there are two gate numbers for each gate, a gate number from GSX Pro (e.g., Gate 101, Gate 102, etc.) and a gate in the style of the airport (e.g., D25, F14, J9, etc.). Each "gate" has slightly different placements for aircraft parking.

I've had to disable KMIA's custom jetways in GSX, but I would like to have all the fixes for KMIA from the objects.bgl. file. Any help is appreciated.
You need to extract the files into the custom scenery folder within the MSFS2020 community folder.

For KMIA for example the folder to extract to would be Community\lvfr-miami\scenery.

The community folder should be wherever you specified when installing the sim.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

NicoVolberg

Post by NicoVolberg » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:23 am

How do I install the GSX Profile if I bought the aiport in MSFS2020 Market Place??

EBISETTIA

Post by EBISETTIA » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:09 am

Hello everyone!. I see some people struggling with this solution. This is how I did it.

1.- Open 2 windows browsers, with one of those browsers you must go to your Community folder, and with the other one go to your Official folder, it should look something like this:

Browser 1: ...\LocalCache\Packages\Community
Browser 2: ...\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Then Open a 3rd browser, and go to the directory you downloaded the LVFR FIX zip files, for example in my case: LVFR-KSAN-GSX-Fix.zip, unzip it there, and it should look like this: My Downloads\LVFR-KSAN-GSX-Fix\scenery\world\scenery, where inside the final scenery directory you will find this file "objects.bgl"

2.- In browser 2 look for the LVFR sceneries you have, for example in my case was "lvfr-ksan", then, in browser 1 create a new directory, exactly as it is in the \Official\OneStore with the same name "lvfr-ksan", following my example.

3.- In the 3rd browser, copy the "scenery" directory and the subdirectories inside it.

4.- Paste it inside the Directory you created in the "Community" folder. It must look like this:

\LocalCache\Packages\Community\lvfr-ksan\scenery\world\scenery

Inside the last "scenery" directory you must find the "objects.bgl" file.

That should be it, remember to disable your airport inside GSX PRO, you must do it.

Hopefully, I was cristal clear and this helped you.

KR

EB

***Disclaimer***
This solution is for user who bought the sceneries from MS Market.

rogerp7

Post by rogerp7 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:07 am

EBISETTIA wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:09 am
Hello everyone!. I see some people struggling with this solution. This is how I did it.
This is VERY helpful! Thanks!!