Jetways are too short/too long at LEBL

michaelwimma

Jetways are too short/too long at LEBL

Post by michaelwimma » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:51 pm

Hello,

I wanted to raise this issue again as it has been swept under the table and declared as a bug or sim limitation although it clearly is not!

Most of the jetways at LEBL are too short to reach the aircraft. IRL they are made out of three segments, whereas the ones you designed only have two. I am trying to create a GSX profile and noticed that at almost half of the parking positions the jetways are simply to short to connect to the aircraft when parked precicesly on the line ( or even further forward)

As you can see in the pictures, some of them are not even close!

I, and I assume many others, would appreciate you to fix this as this is not a sim limitation like you once said in another thread. You can already see that they are too short to reach the line without even extending them as the node is sooo far away from the line!

On other stands, as you can see in the last picture, the jetways ar way too long and clip the wing when parked at the intended stop line. I don't know if you were just to lazy to develop more jetway models or you just didn't bother, which would be an absolute disgrace btw, but this is unacceptable as jetways are a vital part at an airport like this. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

Kind regards,
Michael Wimmer.

michaelwimma

Re: Jetways are too short/too long at LEBL

Post by michaelwimma » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:54 pm

Apparently my pictures did nt attach to this post and I cannot upload any attechments. Here are the gyazo links so you can see what I am talking about:

https://gyazo.com/0f03fc8d6f97364a389c87e6d7afadd2
https://gyazo.com/2a81f73a56765e7906519cc75ac14c96

https://gyazo.com/bb3114eb72654d28938d58c169c2e567

michaelwimma

Post by michaelwimma » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:02 pm

I found the old thread now:
"This is a bug within MSFS, if the aircraft is too far from the jetway this happens. Solution is to move a bit more to the left the aircraft." - Ricardo Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Are you serious? What's the point of having ground markings then? Do you also expect aircraft to park off the line IRL?

If the parking spot is designed to handle an A320 I would assume that the jetway also reaches it. Like i said before, this is not a "MSFS Bug", these are just your Jetways which are too short compared to the IRL ones.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:11 pm

The solution is to increase the size of the jetway as it is currently a bit too short.

Our jetway developer has been away for almost a year, and he is coming back this month. We will have him extend the jetway and make it bigger so we can add it on an update.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

michaelwimma

Post by michaelwimma » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:43 pm

Thank you for the quick reply, appreciate it. Looking forward to an update. Oh, and I also just found out that the Jetway at stand 202 is missing completely, would appreciate if you could also add that. Cheers. (oh and it isn't even in the AFCAD, so it can't be used at all)

https://gyazo.com/20550b41f27fed80b1df85ad66935358

felixmai

Post by felixmai » Mon May 01, 2023 5:44 pm

Just wanted to support this request by Michael Wimma. Just to let you guys at LatinVFR know: I only bought LEBL because of the excellent GSX profile Michael Wimma created for this airport. It is a MASSIVE improvement of your LEBL airport and this will for sure add some sales (he is too decent to tell you, but believe me). It would be really great if you could upgrade the jetway lengths. Thank you!

michaelwimma

Post by michaelwimma » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:31 am

It's been 2 months... How is the update looking?

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:45 pm

Our jetway developer is back, but it appears the jetways need to be reanimated. Thus that's why the delay. Will try to get him to do this ASAP.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

michaelwimma

Post by michaelwimma » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:01 pm

Looks like he went on vacation again ;)

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:37 pm

You can post criticism and complaints. Just that make them with respect.

If not you will be banned.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner