Simple Question - Clarification

Nacman

Simple Question - Clarification

Post by Nacman » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:30 pm

I just purchased my first add-on Scenery from LVFR. It is Miami, as I grew up in Hialeah and went to the airport alot when I was a kid.

Anyway, I had read in different places to try and always buy direct from the developer as by from the MS store can creatre problems for 3rd party add-ons. So I bought from LVFR website and installed via the contrail app.

However, I fully expected it to go into COmmunity Folder but it went in to the store folder. Then when I go into the Content manager, it shows I purchased it via the MS store (What???)

So my simple question are these....Is scenery from LVFR (Miami in particular) store supplied or not? Encrypted or not?
Community add on scenery doesnt show in content manager.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: Simple Question - Clarification

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:24 pm

are you 100% sure you did not buy it in the MS store?

its the only way you can have this
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Nacman

Post by Nacman » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:52 am

Positive as I can be.... I say it that way because, when I bought MSFS in 2020, it was as we know it REALLY buggy. I purchased some "Stuff" in 2021, as it shows up in my Microsft account as Credits. Like $13.99 amd $12.49. No description online about what those where. Called MS today before the post here and they couldn't tell me anything more than what was on the site...."Credits and the amount, but not specifically what was purchased. I sat it all on the shelf until my 3090 arrived so I could enjoy the game. I honestly do not remember purchasing Miami in the store, but it is possible.

So, there is a possibility, way back in 2021, I did and don't remember it. So today, I placed my order on LVFR for the airport.

The money is not the issue. If the airport direct from you gives me more chance for it to work with 3rd party addons, I can uninstall the store one. Then I can run the installer and force it to Community.

SO, question remains, does straight from LVFR integrate better than the encrypted store version? if so, I will delete the store version.

This is today's purchase

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 1:33 PM
Subject: Order #31265 confirmed
To: <richard.jxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>

LVFR
ORDER #31265
Thank you for your purchase!

View your order
or Visit our store
Order summary
LatinVFR Miami KMIA MSFS × 1
$17.99

Subtotal

$17.99
Shipping

$0.00
Taxes

$0.00
Total

$17.99 USD

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:33 pm

Nacman wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:52 am
Positive as I can be.... I say it that way because, when I bought MSFS in 2020, it was as we know it REALLY buggy. I purchased some "Stuff" in 2021, as it shows up in my Microsft account as Credits. Like $13.99 amd $12.49. No description online about what those where. Called MS today before the post here and they couldn't tell me anything more than what was on the site...."Credits and the amount, but not specifically what was purchased. I sat it all on the shelf until my 3090 arrived so I could enjoy the game. I honestly do not remember purchasing Miami in the store, but it is possible.

So, there is a possibility, way back in 2021, I did and don't remember it. So today, I placed my order on LVFR for the airport.

The money is not the issue. If the airport direct from you gives me more chance for it to work with 3rd party addons, I can uninstall the store one. Then I can run the installer and force it to Community.

SO, question remains, does straight from LVFR integrate better than the encrypted store version? if so, I will delete the store version.

This is today's purchase

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 1:33 PM
Subject: Order #31265 confirmed
To: <richard.jxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>

LVFR
ORDER #31265
Thank you for your purchase!

View your order
or Visit our store
Order summary
LatinVFR Miami KMIA MSFS × 1
$17.99

Subtotal

$17.99
Shipping

$0.00
Taxes

$0.00
Total

$17.99 USD
Hi, both integrate the same way, so basically not much of a difference.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner