European airports assistance

Scotsman9

European airports assistance

Post by Scotsman9 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:32 pm

Just purchased the European airport add-on for the Xbox, though having issues on how to view the additional enhancements. Am very new to FS so it’s more than likely my naivety that is the problem. I tried to Barcelona airport and actually managed to see it in action (baggage, catering push back etc) and for the life of me can’t seem to repeat it. Is it a specific scenario or is it based on the gate u select to view the additional add stuff. Any advice or directions on how to review it would be massively appreciated.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: European airports assistance

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi, you mean AREX Europe?

What additional enhacements were you look for?

You said you saw it in Barcelona, but what was different when you tried to repeat it but couldn't see?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Scotsman9

Post by Scotsman9 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:52 pm

yes AREX Europe. I loaded up Barcelona airport. Got promoted to switch on electrics which I did to contact ATC. On the drop down menu I was able to select ground services which then displayed multiple options (catering, airbridge, luggage and push back etc) which when selected I was able to view the action I selected. Later in the day I loaded back up the same airport (though not sure what gate I selected ) but wasn’t able to view the same menu options and the plane was quite isolated (nothing around) I thought I might be doing something different or selecting the wrong gate etc

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:09 pm

Scotsman9 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:52 pm
yes AREX Europe. I loaded up Barcelona airport. Got promoted to switch on electrics which I did to contact ATC. On the drop down menu I was able to select ground services which then displayed multiple options (catering, airbridge, luggage and push back etc) which when selected I was able to view the action I selected. Later in the day I loaded back up the same airport (though not sure what gate I selected ) but wasn’t able to view the same menu options and the plane was quite isolated (nothing around) I thought I might be doing something different or selecting the wrong gate etc
Hi, yes depending on the gate type, if you select GATE SMALL/MEDIUM/HEAVY you will get the services. If you select PARKING GA or other sort, you might not. So please do take into account parking on a proper gate, like the ones I mentioned.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

wrosc

Post by wrosc » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:48 pm

Having an issue with AREX Europe - the airport regional environment addon. MSFS completely freezes up when trying to load into some airports, specifically I've found that it freezes at LEPA (Palma, Mallorca) and LEBL (Barcelona, Spain) on the loading screen. Both work fine when the addon is removed. The addon works completely fine when departing from airports in Britain. (I've tested Luton EGGW and Heathrow EGLL.)

edit -
I used the MSFS Marketplace to purchase this.
also, the addon works fine when the departure point is not the airports in question, ie when flying into Palma to land and parking at a gate.
Will

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:40 pm

wrosc wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:48 pm
Having an issue with AREX Europe - the airport regional environment addon. MSFS completely freezes up when trying to load into some airports, specifically I've found that it freezes at LEPA (Palma, Mallorca) and LEBL (Barcelona, Spain) on the loading screen. Both work fine when the addon is removed. The addon works completely fine when departing from airports in Britain. (I've tested Luton EGGW and Heathrow EGLL.)

edit -
I used the MSFS Marketplace to purchase this.
also, the addon works fine when the departure point is not the airports in question, ie when flying into Palma to land and parking at a gate.
is LEPA and LEBL addon airports?
if so can you disable them and test?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

wrosc

Post by wrosc » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:56 pm

LEBL and LEPA are both addon airports.
Removing them does fix the freezing loading screen :)
Both addons are the versions created by Justsim
Will

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:22 pm

wrosc wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:56 pm
LEBL and LEPA are both addon airports.
Removing them does fix the freezing loading screen :)
Both addons are the versions created by Justsim
So that's the problem at play here, not AREX.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner