AREX South America baggage not working

arthur_edge

AREX South America baggage not working

Post by arthur_edge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:37 pm

Hi LVFR,

I recently purchased AREX Tropics/South America via Contrail application. I wasn't able to use baggage loading function in any South american airport since I installed the product.
No matter if the baggage loading truck is visible near the airplane, every time I ask for baggage loading the ATC tells me it doesn't know where the loading truck is. Tried asking multiple times.

All the other vehicles (catering, gpu, etc.) work without issues. Also, the baggage loading works outside AREX covered area, with defaults models.

I tested again after clearing my community folder except from AREX, restarting the system and FS2020, the issue is still there.

Please note I don't have any other AREX region.

Thank you for your attention, have a nice day.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: AREX South America baggage not working

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:54 pm

arthur_edge wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:37 pm
Hi LVFR,

I recently purchased AREX Tropics/South America via Contrail application. I wasn't able to use baggage loading function in any South american airport since I installed the product.
No matter if the baggage loading truck is visible near the airplane, every time I ask for baggage loading the ATC tells me it doesn't know where the loading truck is. Tried asking multiple times.

All the other vehicles (catering, gpu, etc.) work without issues. Also, the baggage loading works outside AREX covered area, with defaults models.

I tested again after clearing my community folder except from AREX, restarting the system and FS2020, the issue is still there.

Please note I don't have any other AREX region.

Thank you for your attention, have a nice day.
Hi, the problem might be that the gate or parking you are doesn't call for baggage or any other services, this might even happen without AREX, just with the default.

Try another gate or parking. Let us know
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

arthur_edge

Post by arthur_edge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:33 pm

Thank you for your quick answer.

I tested at multiple airports and multiple gates: in all, baggage works perfectly without AREX, but is stuck with AREX installed. As an exaple, I took a screenshot from gate 15 of SCEL. As you can see, baggage truck spawns near the airplane, but the truck doesn't move (well, you can't really see that from the picture, just trust me).
In the second screenshot, same airport and gate but no AREX, and you can see baggage truck has moved and is attached to the aircraft.

I noticed something else that could help you troubleshooting: if I ask for baggage multiple time, every time a new truck spawns at the same position, but it doesn't move. I was able to notice it because the sim, at some point, spawned a different type of truck over the previous ones. See screenshot 3.

EDIT: For some reason, you can't attach any file since it says "the attachment quota has been reached"

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:47 pm

hi, can you upload the pictures here https://imgbb.com/ and post them here for us?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

arthur_edge

Post by arthur_edge » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:04 pm

Sure, here the links to the images:

1: https://ibb.co/XSszJWd
2: https://ibb.co/KVycy57
3: https://ibb.co/GMY6wbg

MaussAA22

Post by MaussAA22 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:55 pm

I'm having the same problem with the Product, i'm using defualt and third party sceneries and is still not working, if you need any pictures, i'll be glad to take some for you, i'll be grateful for a solution.

Gratefuly, Julian

lachenmann

Post by lachenmann » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:49 pm

I'm having the same problem, both in custom and default airports.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:09 am

This is very strange, I am not getting this problem. And from what I can see in the pictures, it seems that the default baggage truck is spawning, meaning there might be an addon of the region that altered the livingworld file which is known to conflict with AREX. Like this: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=925

Some developers often publish with their free airports living world files trying to actually configure an airport, but in the end it configures the hundreds or even thousands of airport in a region.

So I would ask if you remove all your freeware airports, or payware (except our SCEL) of the area, and just check, because this seems to be a conflict with another livingworld file. Let us know
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

arthur_edge

Post by arthur_edge » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:33 am

Hi Ricardo,

as I stated before, I deleted all add-ons from my community folder before testing (except for AREX, and SCEL in the screenshot).
However, for payware add-ons, I did so by just erasing the addon folder links inside the community folder, not by actually performing an uninstall procedure.
I will try a full uninstall of all add-ons, just in case they modified something in the Simulator core.

I'll report what I find.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:04 pm

Ok let us know
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner