AREX causing CTD

CaptCherrie

AREX causing CTD

Post by CaptCherrie » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:37 am

Hi there,

Ever since WU8, I've been getting constant CTD when all my scenery add-ons are installed. At first I was convinced it was certain airports conflicting with each other causing a CTD when loading in. However after investigations with Asobo it seems the crashes happen when LVFR scenery is installed, in particular the AREX and Jetway add-ons.

I have purchased all LVFR products through the Marketplace. Asobo won't take any responsibility even though they take 30% of the purchase price of the add-ons from you.

Bear in mind I've gone through all the troubleshooting with Asobo and not only doing certain things they have told me that could be potential fixes but also done a complete re-install of the sim and re-downloaded all the add-ons from Marketplace.

What I have discovered is that it is causing a conflict with the following file which keeps appearing in the crash logs whenever an LVFR product is installed.

LoadedModule[220]=\\?\C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\bf-pgg\PGG\grammar.pggmod

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: AREX causing CTD

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:42 pm

CaptCherrie wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:37 am
Hi there,

Ever since WU8, I've been getting constant CTD when all my scenery add-ons are installed. At first I was convinced it was certain airports conflicting with each other causing a CTD when loading in. However after investigations with Asobo it seems the crashes happen when LVFR scenery is installed, in particular the AREX and Jetway add-ons.

I have purchased all LVFR products through the Marketplace. Asobo won't take any responsibility even though they take 30% of the purchase price of the add-ons from you.

Bear in mind I've gone through all the troubleshooting with Asobo and not only doing certain things they have told me that could be potential fixes but also done a complete re-install of the sim and re-downloaded all the add-ons from Marketplace.

What I have discovered is that it is causing a conflict with the following file which keeps appearing in the crash logs whenever an LVFR product is installed.

LoadedModule[220]=\\?\C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\bf-pgg\PGG\grammar.pggmod
I am intrigued and confused as to this problem, more when I read the name of the file. In reality we did not develop or send that file. It seems to me that the file in question has got something to do with the marketplace store. So I don't really know how can we fix it and what have we done wrong.

The AREX products have been purchased by thousands, and our airports too. So unless we get a seriously high number of people reporting this problem, I might think the best course of action for you would be to uninstall and re-install MSFS. My apologies but don't know how to proceed.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

CaptCherrie

Post by CaptCherrie » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:41 am

Thanks for the reply. I have done a refresh install of MFS. Ever since WU7 (Australia) this file from Asobo (which is a mandatory file) is conflicting with your add-on. I believe it has something to do with the initialisation of your add-on as that file where it crashes has to do with all of the default AI scenery and all the different styles around the world.

To test out if its a marketplace conflict with default Asobo files, am I able to get a copy to try in my community folder to see if the CTD continue?

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:16 pm

CaptCherrie wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:41 am
Thanks for the reply. I have done a refresh install of MFS. Ever since WU7 (Australia) this file from Asobo (which is a mandatory file) is conflicting with your add-on. I believe it has something to do with the initialisation of your add-on as that file where it crashes has to do with all of the default AI scenery and all the different styles around the world.

To test out if its a marketplace conflict with default Asobo files, am I able to get a copy to try in my community folder to see if the CTD continue?
sure , email us to support@latinvfr.com with that request please.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner