AREX NA - Only have default vehicles

CloudTwister

AREX NA - Only have default vehicles

Post by CloudTwister » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:30 am

For some reason I only have the default vehicles. I purchased from latinvfr directly. The files installed correctly and I can see that changing the configuration activates the appropriate airline config file, but the default vehicles remain. What am I doing wrong? Also, I am restarting MSFS between each time I change the airline. I also tried re-installing but no luck. I have the MS Store version of MSFS 2020. I tried several different airports including LVFR KBDL and MS defaults.

Thanks

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: AREX NA - Only have default vehicles

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:19 am

hi, can you show us a picture of what you get, and state which airport, and this is North American airports.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

CloudTwister

Post by CloudTwister » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:45 pm

Screenshot 2021-04-30 183014.jpg
Screenshot 2021-04-30 183014.jpg (110.27 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
KSWF.jpg
KSWF - Stewart
KSWF.jpg (176.93 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
KBOS_LVFR.jpg
KBOS - Boston
KBOS_LVFR.jpg (156.64 KiB) Viewed 1964 times

lars.29palms

Post by lars.29palms » Sat May 01, 2021 12:06 pm

Hi there,

this does not seem to be an installation issue, so I would recommend the following steps:
1. De-activate all other add-ons in your Community folder and only leave AREX NA activated. You can either do this manually by moving everything or use a tool like "MSFS Addon Linker" which can do this automatically.
2. Then test if AREX NA works. This is to confirm that it's not a compatibility issue caused by another add-on.

You can also test installing/moving AREX NA to another location.
1. Uninstall AREX NA
2. Create a library in Contrail and install AREX NA to that location (you can create a library in the installation dialog)

Which version of Contrail are you running?

CloudTwister

Post by CloudTwister » Sat May 01, 2021 4:14 pm

You know, last night I was thinking that this might be a conflict with another scenery and lo and behold, you were correct. I found a freeware scenery was causing a conflict. Not sure why because it was just an airport, nothing about support vehicles specifically. It took me a bit to figure out which one, but I am good now.

Thanks for the help!

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat May 01, 2021 4:17 pm

CloudTwister wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 4:14 pm
You know, last night I was thinking that this might be a conflict with another scenery and lo and behold, you were correct. I found a freeware scenery was causing a conflict. Not sure why because it was just an airport, nothing about support vehicles specifically. It took me a bit to figure out which one, but I am good now.

Thanks for the help!
Can you tell us which scenery is this.

Reason is they might have done a livingworld config file for the entire North American region and thus, disabling ours.

When they did this, the intention was for them to perhaps modify traffic on a certain airport, what that does in turn is modify for thousands of airports. Most of the time this can be done unintentionally, they perhaps think is just one or two airports. It has already occurred to us, with Pilot Plus UK airports. You can see the thread in this forum.

So please help us identify which scenery is it. thanks!
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Reecee

Post by Reecee » Sat May 29, 2021 8:06 pm

Hello, I am having the same problem at the handcrafted JFK airport, I have also removed everything from my community folder except for Arex. Thanks for the help.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat May 29, 2021 9:16 pm

Reecee wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:06 pm
Hello, I am having the same problem at the handcrafted JFK airport, I have also removed everything from my community folder except for Arex. Thanks for the help.
Can we see a picture of what you get at JFK airport, with everything removed with the exception of AREX in the community folder?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Reecee

Post by Reecee » Sat May 29, 2021 11:26 pm

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun May 30, 2021 12:11 pm

Hi, what other addons do you have on your community folder? can you list them please?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner