Descent Profile on PFD

Eternal Rookie

Descent Profile on PFD

Post by Eternal Rookie » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:09 pm

Is there a way to enable the descent profile so that the blue dot appears next to the altitude ribbon on the PFD? The ILS diamonds appear when in LS mode, but the flight director doesn't seem to have the profile available. I've only just come over to MSFS from P3D, so I was used to "another" Airbus add-on. Most things seem the same here though, with this being the only thing I really miss.

7heAngryVe7eran

Re: Descent Profile on PFD

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:08 pm

Eternal Rookie wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:09 pm
Is there a way to enable the descent profile so that the blue dot appears next to the altitude ribbon on the PFD? The ILS diamonds appear when in LS mode, but the flight director doesn't seem to have the profile available. I've only just come over to MSFS from P3D, so I was used to "another" Airbus add-on. Most things seem the same here though, with this being the only thing I really miss.
Hello Eternal Rookie.

Review this topic. It also applies to the other LatinVFR airbus aircraft.

Eternal Rookie

Post by Eternal Rookie » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:21 pm

I see what you're saying about the other post and it IS useful, but it's pretty much covering the Landing System (LS) and the magenta diamonds. The blue dot I'm taking about shows where you are compared to the descent profile calculated by the FMC. If you have previously flown an older sim with Aerosoft's Airbus Pro add-on, you'll have seen that in action. I'll see if I can find a photo.

7heAngryVe7eran

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:16 pm

Eternal Rookie wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:21 pm
I see what you're saying about the other post and it IS useful, but it's pretty much covering the Landing System (LS) and the magenta diamonds. The blue dot I'm taking about shows where you are compared to the descent profile calculated by the FMC. If you have previously flown an older sim with Aerosoft's Airbus Pro add-on, you'll have seen that in action. I'll see if I can find a photo.
I've done some reading, and unfortunately I'm unable to understand what you mean. A picture would help. Can you use this documentation, http://www.airbusdriver.net/EFIS6.pdf, or provide a link to other documentation or picture to specify the blue dot?

Eternal Rookie

Post by Eternal Rookie » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:50 pm

The document you linked to is perfect - it's "Vertical Deviation" that I'm trying to find. I tried to upload a picture but "The board attachment quota has been reached".

So - Page PFD6, first indicator - it's magenta there, but I've seen other colours in other sims. I don't mind what colour it is - is it meant to work in the LVFR A321neo?

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:40 pm

Eternal Rookie wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:50 pm
The document you linked to is perfect - it's "Vertical Deviation" that I'm trying to find. I tried to upload a picture but "The board attachment quota has been reached".

So - Page PFD6, first indicator - it's magenta there, but I've seen other colours in other sims. I don't mind what colour it is - is it meant to work in the LVFR A321neo?
We gonna implement this eventually on our Airbus aircraft, now that we are doing our own avionics we will be looking into that.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Eternal Rookie

Post by Eternal Rookie » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:56 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:40 pm
We gonna implement this eventually on our Airbus aircraft, now that we are doing our own avionics we will be looking into that.
That's wonderful news - thanks very much and please keep up the great work. I love flying the A321neo and the more avionics systems you get online, the better.

7heAngryVe7eran

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:24 pm

Eternal Rookie wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:50 pm

I see what you mean now. Thank you for pointing that out and giving me a reason to read more aircraft documentation.

7heAngryVe7eran

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:32 pm

Eternal Rookie wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:56 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:40 pm
That's wonderful news - thanks very much and please keep up the great work. I love flying the A321neo and the more avionics systems you get online, the better.
I share your passion flying these aircraft. I also agree with you that the aircraft only get better the more they are realistically represented in the simulator. However, implementing these features take a lot of research and time, so we appreciate your patience. We also appreciate you bringing these things to our attention.