Flaps: Playstation One Graphics?!

Mar1881

Flaps: Playstation One Graphics?!

Post by Mar1881 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:37 pm

Hi, I own and enjoy both the LVFR A321 and A330, but why on earth do the A321 flaps, when fully extended, look like straight out of the 1990s, graphics-wise? Haven't seen polygons that obvious since playing Tekken on the Playstation One as a little kid! :lol:
Wanted to attach a pic, but this forum won't allow the file size even though compressed. I'm speaking of the top part of the flaps when fully extended. A real eye-sore.
Anyways, no hard feelings, but c'mon. Can't this be fixed rather easily?

Best regards

7heAngryVe7eran

Re: Flaps: Playstation One Graphics?!

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:26 pm

Mar1881 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:37 pm
Hi, I own and enjoy both the LVFR A321 and A330, but why on earth do the A321 flaps, when fully extended, look like straight out of the 1990s, graphics-wise? Haven't seen polygons that obvious since playing Tekken on the Playstation One as a little kid! :lol:
Wanted to attach a pic, but this forum won't allow the file size even though compressed. I'm speaking of the top part of the flaps when fully extended. A real eye-sore.
Anyways, no hard feelings, but c'mon. Can't this be fixed rather easily?

Best regards
Is there an external link you could use to show us a picture?

I apologize as I do not have permission to change the size of the forum attachment at this time.

Mar1881

Post by Mar1881 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:50 am

Don't use social media, so I can't think of anywhere to post em. Open to suggestions.
I take it private messaging via this forum probably has the same file size restrictions. Could send as email.

7heAngryVe7eran

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:08 pm

You can try to send it to be via private message or on discord. My discord id is 7heAngryVe7eran.

Mar1881

Post by Mar1881 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:17 pm

K, so I sent you a request via discord. I guess if you accept I can send the pics.

Mar1881

Post by Mar1881 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:43 pm

BTW, I shrunk the pic down to 142KB and this forum finally accepted the file as small enough to attach.

However, I then get the following message:

"Error
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

This forum host sucks. :roll: haha

7heAngryVe7eran

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:01 pm

Mar1881 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:43 pm
BTW, I shrunk the pic down to 142KB and this forum finally accepted the file as small enough to attach.

However, I then get the following message:

"Error
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

This forum host sucks. :roll: haha
I accepted the request on Discord, so send the pictures when you can.

I know it's inconvenient for users that they are not allowed to upload pictures onto this forum, but there are reasons as to why the limit is set low. I understand it can be frustrating when users want to show us something with the aircraft, but we should be respectful on the forum by not posting comments such as 'this sucks'.

Discord allows us to view not only pictures, but videos as well. So if you'd like to show us something more specific, send a video through discord recorded with an app such as OBS.

Mar1881

Post by Mar1881 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:24 pm

First off, thanks for your patience in this matter.

I don't get it, though. No sign of an accepted request on my Discord account. I just sent another request. Maybe try again?

Alternately, you could perhaps just have a look at a picture I found on the official LVFR website: https://latinvfr.com/products/airbus-a321neo-msfs

On that page, check out the following thumbnail: second row from top, fourth column from the left. It's a pic of the right wing, on runway, with extended flaps and spoilers. Now look just below the innermost extended spoiler. The top end of the flaps (towards the wing). What's supposed to be a round surface is clearly made of polygons forming an octagon.

I'm certainly not a perfectionist, and I don't expect perfection from a product in this price range, but seeing that bums me out during every replay. ;) I play in VR, maybe that makes it worse.
Wasn't trying to be cheeky or a smart-alec with the Playstation One comparison (no hard feelings, please). But I honestly haven't seen polygons like that since back in the day.

Worst of all, the standard MSFS A320 gets it right. Please check out a pic of it here (click pic to expand and see the flaps):
https://flightsim.to/file/8777/airbus-a ... wing-views

The inner workings of the wing (wiring and such) seen on the freeware model are also far more detailed than that of the LVFR version. But I digress.

I've always appreciated the work LVFR puts in to improve their products and the numerous updates in the past. But I'm surprised that the wings were never updated and seemingly accepted as they are. Just doesn't seem finished to me.

Any chance this might get fixed sometime? And may I ask your personal opinion of the wing modeling on the LVFR A321 vs. the free MSFS A320?

Thanks a bunch in advance for your feedback. Appreciate it.

Best regards

7heAngryVe7eran

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:16 am

Apologies for not responding sooner to your discord invite. I did see your message and responded about the picture. However I did not see you respond back.

I appreciate the detailed explanation. Apologies that it did not meet your expectations. This is something that we may look at improving in the future.

Mar1881

Post by Mar1881 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:06 pm

I must say, your generic reply:
"I appreciate the detailed explanation. Apologies that it did not meet your expectations. This is something that we may look at improving in the future."
is quite disappointing. Again, may I ask your personal opinion of the wing modeling on the LVFR A321 vs. the free MSFS A320? Are you happy with it? Proud of it? Disappointed in it? I would appreciate your honest opinion.

That sentence you posted could be applied to pretty much every customer request, even if I asked for a pink elephant copilot avatar. :lol: ;)