Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri May 10, 2024 4:18 pm

gravityevader wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:17 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:05 pm
maxam wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:37 pm
Thanks Ricardo,

Are you planning on adding a proper calibration method like the FBW A320N? I am hoping that you will because none of the positions on the LVFR throttle match the TCA Throttle detents.

Thanks,
Robert
Yes, we are planning.
Can we expect this someday soon? Respectfully, but it's been six months now...
The location in the actual TCA throttles of the detents are from the A320 family, therefore finding a solution to this is complex. We tried reaching out to TCA but failed to find an email to reach them. We will continue to find out how to reach out to them.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

gravityevader

Re: TCA Throttle Calibration

Post by gravityevader » Fri May 10, 2024 4:41 pm

I find that a bit discouraging, if you don't mind me saying. I'm afraid this is a deal breaker for me, so I won't be flying the A330 until this is resolved. I'm guessing the A340 suffers from the same problem.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat May 11, 2024 12:39 pm

gravityevader wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:41 pm
I find that a bit discouraging, if you don't mind me saying. I'm afraid this is a deal breaker for me, so I won't be flying the A330 until this is resolved. I'm guessing the A340 suffers from the same problem.
We going to try again right now to communicate with the people from TCA.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

bwbriscoe

Post by bwbriscoe » Fri May 24, 2024 11:35 pm

I can't believe there's no way to properly calibrate thottles. This is an Airbus simulation...throttles and detents are the way this aircraft works. If you don't simulate it, it's not an Airbus simulation, end of. This is appalling.

gravityevader

Post by gravityevader » Tue May 28, 2024 7:25 pm

...and now for something more constructive.

Why do you need feedback from the TCA guys? I dont't want to intrude too much on the development process, but it seems to me that all you need is a piece of middleware doing the conversions between the raw values from the axis and the real values in the simulation.

A throttles configuration page somewhere in the tablet would have:
-inputs to type in the values for climb, flex, toga, idle, full reverse and idle reverse for each throttle,
-a display showing the raw value for each throttle in real time, would allow users to know which values to write in the input boxes, by moving their throttles through the various positions.

A bit of math in the middleware would translate the detents' raw values to match the plane's detent values, and all values in between.
In fact, this approach would work for any throttle, not just TCA ones.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue May 28, 2024 8:37 pm

We have to make it so that in our EFB there is a calibration process.
The coding team is busy now with avionics, but after that we will look to see how we can implement that calibration process via the EFB. Our apologies int the meantime.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner