Nosewheel Steering - Thrustmaster Airbus TA320 Copilot Edition

Toddbro1979

Nosewheel Steering - Thrustmaster Airbus TA320 Copilot Edition

Post by Toddbro1979 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:22 pm

Hello Ricardo,

I need some help in regard to the nosewheel steering on this beast. Is there a certain sensitivity setting recommendation? I am really having a struggle with navigation at major airports. In the meantime, I am heavily using my brakes and my Left and Right throttle to increase the turning ratio just to follow the taxi lines. I can understand high speeds will not help so I am maintaining a 12-15 knot speed on the taxiways.
I disengaged a lot of features on my Thrustmaster since I was worried about conflicts for perhaps a possible cause. I just have the basic axis settings assigned since my other Hardware devices control the throttles, rudder, brakes etc.. For Throttles I use TCS ENG 1&2 also by Thrustmaster. For Brakes and Rudder, I use Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.
I wanted to take off this morning from a lovely sunrise at KLAX to journey to PHNL.
My gate was A159 and per ATC I was instructed to depart runway 6L. I stated to turn on C10 to C then turned to K. It was there my turn was very wide and I collided with a structure that reset the flight.
(My flight plan - KLAX/06L N0482F360 TRTON2 FICKY R578 FIZEL/N0487F380 R578 FITES DCT LNY SHLAE1 PHNL/08L)
I wanted to share this with you since I am not a fan of using my throttles to turn. I typically only wish to do so when an engine outage.
Is this being looked into? Has anyone else experienced what I have been experiencing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and development to enhance my sim experience.
Blue Skies,
Todd

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: Nosewheel Steering - Thrustmaster Airbus TA320 Copilot Edition

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:45 pm

Toddbro1979 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:22 pm
Hello Ricardo,

I need some help in regard to the nosewheel steering on this beast. Is there a certain sensitivity setting recommendation? I am really having a struggle with navigation at major airports. In the meantime, I am heavily using my brakes and my Left and Right throttle to increase the turning ratio just to follow the taxi lines. I can understand high speeds will not help so I am maintaining a 12-15 knot speed on the taxiways.
I disengaged a lot of features on my Thrustmaster since I was worried about conflicts for perhaps a possible cause. I just have the basic axis settings assigned since my other Hardware devices control the throttles, rudder, brakes etc.. For Throttles I use TCS ENG 1&2 also by Thrustmaster. For Brakes and Rudder, I use Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.
I wanted to take off this morning from a lovely sunrise at KLAX to journey to PHNL.
My gate was A159 and per ATC I was instructed to depart runway 6L. I stated to turn on C10 to C then turned to K. It was there my turn was very wide and I collided with a structure that reset the flight.
(My flight plan - KLAX/06L N0482F360 TRTON2 FICKY R578 FIZEL/N0487F380 R578 FITES DCT LNY SHLAE1 PHNL/08L)
I wanted to share this with you since I am not a fan of using my throttles to turn. I typically only wish to do so when an engine outage.
Is this being looked into? Has anyone else experienced what I have been experiencing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and development to enhance my sim experience.
Blue Skies,
Todd
The nosewheel steering is going to be updated, and we improved it significantly. Our apologies in the meantime.

So we are hopeful this new update should be sent as soon as we finish other things we are working on right now.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Toddbro1979

Re: Nosewheel Steering - Thrustmaster Airbus TA320 Copilot Edition

Post by Toddbro1979 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:22 pm

Wonderful news to hear Ricardo,

Thanks again.

I try not to nit-pick because I know it takes time to make things happen. I do appreciate you and your promptness to not only identifying an issue but implementing a fix.

All the best ,