problem on approach

Alexis83600

problem on approach

Post by Alexis83600 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:36 pm

Good morning !
When is the update scheduled?
The A330 is still unusable today. on approach / final descent config full flaps gear extension and managed speed the engines suddenly go into toga at 98% with the nose of the plane at more than 20%. then engine 2 stops and stalls... in addition I have a MODS fault which is displayed on the overhead panel. so either I don't know how to use it and yet I followed the video to the letter or there is a big problem that the update can correct...
thanks in advance!

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: problem on approach

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:46 pm

Alexis83600 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:36 pm
Good morning !
The A330 is still unusable today. on approach / final descent config full flaps gear extension and managed speed the engines suddenly go into toga at 98% with the nose of the plane at more than 20%. then engine 2 stops and stalls... in addition I have a MODS fault which is displayed on the overhead panel. so either I don't know how to use it and yet I followed the video to the letter or there is a big problem that the update can correct...
thanks in advance!
what was your weight? and can we see this on a video as we cant determine if we don't see your situation.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

maxpmonaghan

Re: problem on approach

Post by maxpmonaghan » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:41 am

Alexis83600 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:36 pm
Good morning !
thanks in advance!
I’ve seen something similar, not on final, so much as on touchdown.

If it’s the same thing, engines spooling back up, toga, climbing etc… It could be some kind of assistance. Trim, landing/takeoff, anti-stall…?

If the landing is not compliant with both the plan and atc, the ai co pilot could be conflicting with you. It would happen to me if I was told to go around and continued the ILS landing. The ai pilot would go around on touchdown.

The engine failure seems like it could be a genuine failure should that be enabled. Personally I rarely turn failures on, and have never seen any myself.

Turn off all assistance bar Trim or any visuals. I say excuse Trim as I use it just fine like so.

Copy the runway to runway plan from Simbrief into the in game planner, including SID/STARs, Load to the runway and sync / setup as usual.

Technically, it should be possible to use the autopilot from 300ft after takeoff until 30ft from the runway landing just to say you landed it, or just let it land and push the brakes.

It’s always a pain when landing is the problem, even to test the fix you have to make the journey. I think that’s why student pilots always have to be accompanied or something