A comment on the planned Tokyo Narita

The next projects from LatinVFR!
PatrickZ

A comment on the planned Tokyo Narita

Post by PatrickZ » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:32 pm

I saw in the Roadmap post that LatinVFR is planning on doing Tokyo Narita.
However, I will still announce the other two we are also working: KFLL (Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Int'l) and Narita RJAA. KFLL we expect to release the first by the end of this year and RJAA by spring 2020.
I don't know if you're aware of it, but Drzewiecki Design is also planning on that airport and more! They've announced Tokyo City + Airports and those airports will include both Narita and Haneda.

I don't know how far you are into development with Narita, but if it's not too far maybe it's better to focus on other airports instead. As good as LatinVFR is, if Drzewiecki releases their Tokyo Airports I'll be buying that one. That would be a miss for LatinVFR while it could be a hit on another airport.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: A comment on the planned Tokyo Narita

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Good question, a few months ago we spoke with them, and we decided we are not going to do Narita, we are planning another airport, which we will announce in the coming months.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

PatrickZ

Post by PatrickZ » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:24 pm

I'm glad to hear that. Curious what that other airport will be.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:22 pm

PatrickZ wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:24 pm
I'm glad to hear that. Curious what that other airport will be.
Announcing an airport is complicated, we might give people some hope or excitement so that later we don't do it. So best if we announce it during pre-production. Lets see in the coming months where we are going to be.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

PC Pilot

Post by PC Pilot » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:55 pm

I heard Narita is in the plans for a Spring 2020 release: is that still the plan? It appears KFLL has been delayed from its initial planned release so I was wondering if RJAA would be in the same situation.
R. Will Thomas
Flight simming since 1998
P3D, X-Plane, FSX (retired)
Pilot & Aircraft Painter

Wise87

Post by Wise87 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:07 pm

PC Pilot wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:55 pm
I heard Narita is in the plans for a Spring 2020 release: is that still the plan? It appears KFLL has been delayed from its initial planned release so I was wondering if RJAA would be in the same situation.
They stated 2 post up that they are not doing Narita and from the Facebook postings KFLL is just a few days from release.

PC Pilot

Post by PC Pilot » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Oops. Missed that somehow. Major disappointment about Narita. Don’t think I personally will get the KFLL airport as they already have Fort Myers and Miami (and I have Tampa from another developer). The only other Florida airport I would purchase is Orlando.

My best wishes to everyone for a successful release. ;)
R. Will Thomas
Flight simming since 1998
P3D, X-Plane, FSX (retired)
Pilot & Aircraft Painter

windshear

Post by windshear » Thu May 07, 2020 7:16 am

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:15 pm
Good question, a few months ago we spoke with them, and we decided we are not going to do Narita, we are planning another airport, which we will announce in the coming months.
That's a shame, because DD is notorious for doing amazing and big projects, but projects that lack the attention to detail that other developers who mainly focus on airports put into the airports.

DD is doing Tokyo city and includes all the airports in Tokyo, but to what level of detail I wish to ask... I do hope that you will look beyond the Americas and Europe though, because BKK/VTBS, WMKK/KUL, CGK/WIII, WIDP/DEL, BOM/VOMM etc. are major major hubs that have either never been properly rendered or have been rendered but subpar or outdated projects.

Also Africa and the ME have been left out, Cape town being the only airport I would choose, JNB is still not properly represented, neither is Addis Ababa for example nor is Harare