KRDU Raleigh/Durham International

The next projects from LatinVFR!
pgde

Re: KRDU Raleigh/Durham International

Post by pgde » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Hope you update the P3D version also.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3HF2); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k;

Wyndsan

Post by Wyndsan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:40 am

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:29 pm
Hi, we hope in the coming months we do.
Hi Ricardo,

Well, it's been a few months since your last missive, and I was wondering if you had any firmer timeline for bringing KRDU to MSFS2020? I realize that with only 5 unique posters to this thread so far, it might not be your top priority. However, it does certainly have one of the larger number of views, if that is indicative of potential level of interest.

So is there any way we might influence you to up the priority of this airport's being available for MSFS? Ideas I had were:

1) If each poster here would preorder the airport.

2) We could offer some sort of bribe such as:
  • a) Some dollar donation;
  • b) Tickets to a concert:
  • c) One week all expenses paid trip to a destination of your choosing;
  • d) Not sending a hit man after you if you don't meet our demands. Oops, I'd better retract that one. If you dropped
    dead of a heart attach tomorrow I'd probably be arrested;
  • e) ??????
Anybody else have any ideas?

We are desperate people. I've had the simulator since it's first day, a Honeycomb Alpha yoke since it came out, and a Bravo throttle quadrant since January, and I've hardly played the simulator since KRDU is so bad! OK, there might be a few other factors, but still....

Look forward to hearing from you.

SteveW

Post by SteveW » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:15 am

This might be some indication as to the interest in KRDU; I made corrections that I could to KRDU to the taxiway letter designations, taxiway signs, apron lighting, taxiway lighting and terminal lighting. I uploaded these changes to Flightsim.to, and to date, there have been 347 downloads. Of course nobody has to pay for these changes but I do think it is an indication of interest in the airport. There is also a good deal of interest in KHSV (Huntsville International in Alabama) in that I made the same changes to that airport and there have been 332 downloads of it. These were simple changes and not a complete overhaul of the airport. I hope this helps your decision.

jfilyaw

Post by jfilyaw » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:28 am

Hello,

Just commenting to say I am desperately awaiting KRDU for MSFS2020. Absolutely love your work and can't wait for an update. I'd love to hear from you guys on if/when we could see it in MSFS.

Kind Regards,

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:52 pm

We were intrigued by this announcement.
https://fselite.net/news/feelthere-anno ... -for-msfs/

Anyone else knows anything about this?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

SteveW

Post by SteveW » Sun May 02, 2021 11:10 am

I did see the announcement and the preview video which looks OK. The ground looks flat however and it doesn't look very professional. It might be wise to move the development along. ;)

Wyndsan

Post by Wyndsan » Thu May 13, 2021 7:52 am

SteveW wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:10 am
I did see the announcement and the preview video which looks OK. The ground looks flat however and it doesn't look very professional. It might be wise to move the development along. ;)
I agree. There were many times when watching the video that something seemed just "off" to me. Sometimes it just seemed to lack detail or texture, sometimes just wrong. For instance, one time it showed a line of hills. Hills like that don't exist within 150+l miles of Raleigh. Hopefully maybe that's why they haven't released it yet. They know it's not quite polished enough to release.

I'm getting desperate enough, however that I'll probably buy the first thing that come out, and hopefully not regret it too much.

tabron

Post by tabron » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:59 pm

I also live in the Triangle area and am anxious to get a better KRDU for MSFS after running your version on FSX for several years. I found a patch that fixes (most of) the taxiway designations on MSFS but it really needs an overhaul. Looking forward to it!

vegasjon

Post by vegasjon » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:01 am

I live here as well (Clayton) and would love to see KRDU!

SteveW

Post by SteveW » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:08 pm

FeelThere has released KRDU for $19.99. I have waited patiently for your release or some indication as to when you will release. Give me a reason to continue to wait. If I buy the FeelThere version it unlikely that I will spend more money for your version unless it is far superior to theirs.