No STAR/SIDS LEBL Airac 2203

Pilots general chatter area... this is your general discussion forum!
Ray Proudfoot

Re: No STAR/SIDS LEBL Airac 2203

Post by Ray Proudfoot » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:20 pm

Thanks Ricardo. And thank you for making the effort. Many wouldn’t. 👍
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:33 am

Hi Ricardo,

I've installed the replacement files and visually the airport looks fine.

However, the AFCAD file is showing multiple errors when checked with ADE. Some ore not important but others are. I have multiple Hold Short points errors. This is resulting in no take-offs from Rwy 02. Ai are just queued up behind one another.

There are also Closed Starts (for 02 which might explain why the Ai aren't taking off) and Altitude problems.

So whilst I can use this new version for my own takeoffs and landings the Ai are not doing anything. A corrected AFCAD would be appreciated please.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:18 am

Sorry to report there are altitude problems too. Probably fixable with ADE.

I can't upload a screenshot - limit reached even though I have uploaded very little. :(
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:19 pm

Ray Proudfoot wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:33 am
Hi Ricardo,

I've installed the replacement files and visually the airport looks fine.

However, the AFCAD file is showing multiple errors when checked with ADE. Some ore not important but others are. I have multiple Hold Short points errors. This is resulting in no take-offs from Rwy 02. Ai are just queued up behind one another.

There are also Closed Starts (for 02 which might explain why the Ai aren't taking off) and Altitude problems.

So whilst I can use this new version for my own takeoffs and landings the Ai are not doing anything. A corrected AFCAD would be appreciated please.
Rwy 02 is closed because if its open planes will also land there. They been closed for ever as we never released the runway open when we released this airport more than 7 years ago.

Can we see pictures of the terrain issues you mention? upload here https://imgbb.com/
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:28 pm

Hi Ricardo,

Since I posted earlier I have done some work on the AFCAD. I have a reasonable knowledge of the utility but I’m no expert.

What I have solved so far is fixed the altitude problems and moved several Start Points closer to the runway. I opened 02 for landing and departures but I’ll change it so it’s closed to all aircraft at both ends.

More to follow after a recompile.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:03 pm

This is bizarre. I have set the runway take-off and landings in my AFCAD the same as yours. They are:-

Rwy TO? Land?
02 No Yes
06L No Yes
06R Yes No
24L Yes No
24R No Yes
20 Yes No

Compiled and active. Manual winds from 054/12. Multiple aircraft are taxiing down E4, E3 and E2 towards the 02 start. But there isn't a start point as it's not used for departures. Why are they doing this when 06R is the obvious runway to use? When they get to a holding point they stop and are eventually deleted by P3D.

Any ideas why this is happening?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:12 pm

A little more info. I set winds from 180. Ai are now ltaking off and landing on 20 even though it should be take-off only.

If you remember there was a bug in FSX and P3D for a long time where both ends had to be landing or take-off. You couldn't mix them. But that was fixed back in v4. Can't understand why the rules in the AFCAD aren't being respected.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:21 pm

I've set winds to 062/12. Rwy 06R should be in use for take-offs. But Ai are still going towards 02 even though it has no start point. Maybe that's why they stop well short of the 02 entry point.

It suggests the taxiways to 06R are broken. But they seem okay.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:58 pm

I disabled both ends of 02/20 for both take-off and landing. Recompiled, loaded and now Ai are using 06R for departures. I noticed the Start Point for 06R was not on the runway so I moved it there. Check for faults showed nothing wrong with doing that.

I've now set 02/20 back to your settings. Rcompiled and when P3D loads with 020/12 winds the Ai still use 02 for take-offs. Over to you Ricardo. I'm out of ideas.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:02 pm

hi, not sure what exactly has changed but I think we had both 02/20 closed for both landing and takeoff as the sim did not work correctly with that.

So we never tried that.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner