FSXSE

Pilots general chatter area... this is your general discussion forum!
brucets

FSXSE

Post by brucets » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:17 pm

I recently tried to purchase several LVFR sceneries and the installer could not find the FSX Steam installation, which is C/Program Files (86)/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/FSX. I communicated with Ricardo regarding this. He said he was traveling, but would look into it when he got back to the office. Has this been addressed yet?

Thanks!

Bruce

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: FSXSE

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:55 pm

brucets wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:17 pm
I recently tried to purchase several LVFR sceneries and the installer could not find the FSX Steam installation, which is C/Program Files (86)/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/FSX. I communicated with Ricardo regarding this. He said he was traveling, but would look into it when he got back to the office. Has this been addressed yet?

Thanks!

Bruce
Hi, sorry about that, we receive many emails and I must have missed yours to respond back. If you like you can state the issue or re-send the email. let me know
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

brucets

Post by brucets » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:31 am

Ricardo --

The issue was clearly stated in my original post! Your installer can't detect the FSX Steam installation, which is C/Program Files (86)/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/FSX.

Bruce

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi, are you selecting the fs version FSX, don't click on the FSX steam as this option is only for those who have both standard FSX and Steam FSX at the same time.

if you select the first option it will automatically detect the installation of FSX steam, unless you have it installed in a separate partitition.

If you select FSX what's the error message?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

brucets

Post by brucets » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:12 pm

I'll have to repurchase one of the sceneries and try installing again. You provided a refund on the original so I don't have an installer at present. Will let you know. Will have to wait till later today or tomorrow.

Bruce

brucets

Post by brucets » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Ricardo -

I purchased and installed KMIA, TJSJ, KRDU, KRSW, and Key West. All seemed to install properly after I used the Flight 1 registry repair tool, which was not mentioned or offered the first time I tried to install one of your sceneries.

I have looked at MIA and SJU and they are truly beautiful!! Really nice work. At first look they are on par with Flight Beam and FSDT.

Question!! I noticed that for both SJU and MIA there are 2 airports listed in addition to KMIA and TJSJ - There is also a ZMIA and a ZJSJ. What are those about??? What is the significance of the *Z*?

Thanks for the great products!

Bruce

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:39 am

brucets wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:59 pm
Ricardo -

I purchased and installed KMIA, TJSJ, KRDU, KRSW, and Key West. All seemed to install properly after I used the Flight 1 registry repair tool, which was not mentioned or offered the first time I tried to install one of your sceneries.

I have looked at MIA and SJU and they are truly beautiful!! Really nice work. At first look they are on par with Flight Beam and FSDT.

Question!! I noticed that for both SJU and MIA there are 2 airports listed in addition to KMIA and TJSJ - There is also a ZMIA and a ZJSJ. What are those about??? What is the significance of the *Z*?

Thanks for the great products!

Bruce
Hi, thanks for the comments.

The reason you have ZMIA and ZSJU is that we added additional tower viewpoints for some airports and they have the Z as it was necessary to add them as a seperate airport and we did not want it to conflict with anything else.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner