MIA, TJSJ, RDU Thoughts

Pilots general chatter area... this is your general discussion forum!
brucets

MIA, TJSJ, RDU Thoughts

Post by brucets » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:15 pm

After a brief look at these airports here's my first impressions:

RDU - Has many problems with taxiway signs, unlighted and misplaced.

MIA - The airport is beautifully done, but Ford Island and the cruise port are terrible, including no cruise ships!!! I also installed DD Miami City and it is nicely done, but again Ford Island looks terrible and also has NO cruise ships! Huge disappointment! Also the yellow Hold Short lights at RWY 26L bounce up and down like Mexican jumping beans!!??

SJU - Airport is beautiful, nice job on buildings and Condado Beach hotels, but sorry to see Old Town and cruise docks sorely neglected, plus no cruise ships at Old Town docks.

I hope there will be updates!

Bruce

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: MIA, TJSJ, RDU Thoughts

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:09 pm

brucets wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:15 pm
After a brief look at these airports here's my first impressions:

RDU - Has many problems with taxiway signs, unlighted and misplaced.

MIA - The airport is beautifully done, but Ford Island and the cruise port are terrible, including no cruise ships!!! I also installed DD Miami City and it is nicely done, but again Ford Island looks terrible and also has NO cruise ships! Huge disappointment! Also the yellow Hold Short lights at RWY 26L bounce up and down like Mexican jumping beans!!??

SJU - Airport is beautiful, nice job on buildings and Condado Beach hotels, but sorry to see Old Town and cruise docks sorely neglected, plus no cruise ships at Old Town docks.

I hope there will be updates!

Bruce
Hi Bruce,

We can certainly revise RDU.

And about MIA, we did not work on fixing the terrain around the Miami area, we only added photo scenery in the surroundings of the airport. About the h/s lights we can take a look.

SJU, the same as MIA we did not work on terrain polygons for the coast... But will take a look at adding the ships.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

brucets

Re: MIA, TJSJ, RDU Thoughts

Post by brucets » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:41 am

That would be very welcome, Ricardo!! Both Miami and San Juan are major cruise ports and really the main reason I bought them. I have cruised out of them many times. Many days there are 6-7-8 ships at either port. I always get a window seat on the port side when flying into SJU so I can see the ships when landing. Will be there again in 3 weeks! Too, I lived and worked in MIA for a number of years, in the 80's, and cruised from there frequently. (was in the business)

Bruce