Bermuda Scenery Problem

Post product support request for our FS2004 version products!
houndog528

Bermuda Scenery Problem

Post by houndog528 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Hello,

I am having an issue with the TXKF Scenery I bought last month but just got around to installing. I am not getting the whole island part of the scenery. It doesn't show up. In other words, the airport itself is there (and looks great), but it is surrounded by default FS9 scenery, complete with floating buildings. I searched for other AFCADS before installing, but found none. I have no other sceneries or meshes or terrain or anything for Bermuda. In my scenery folder, Terrain is second in line like it should be. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. Any ideas what the problem could be? Is the whole island scenery only for FSX? Did I read the description wrong? Is there someplace I am supposed to register the scenery? I have a registration key, but was never asked for it on download or installation. I bought this scenery from Simmarket, which is the same place I bought your Miami scenery. And, I've had no issues with that. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Houndog528

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: Bermuda Scenery Problem

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:32 pm

houndog528 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:22 pm
Hello,

I am having an issue with the TXKF Scenery I bought last month but just got around to installing. I am not getting the whole island part of the scenery. It doesn't show up. In other words, the airport itself is there (and looks great), but it is surrounded by default FS9 scenery, complete with floating buildings. I searched for other AFCADS before installing, but found none. I have no other sceneries or meshes or terrain or anything for Bermuda. In my scenery folder, Terrain is second in line like it should be. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. Any ideas what the problem could be? Is the whole island scenery only for FSX? Did I read the description wrong? Is there someplace I am supposed to register the scenery? I have a registration key, but was never asked for it on download or installation. I bought this scenery from Simmarket, which is the same place I bought your Miami scenery. And, I've had no issues with that. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Houndog528
The entire island is only for FSX.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

houndog528

Post by houndog528 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 am

Thank you for your quick response. I am very disappointed to hear that. If this is truly the case, then I think your product description is very unclear, and amounts to nothing less than false advertising. From the description on Simmarket, it states "We have completed for both FS versions (FS9, FSX) an entire island archipelago of this British overseas territory, with thousands of hand placed objects." You specifically say "both" FS versions get the entire island archipelago. Not one, not the other, but both. Is my understanding of that sentence wrong?

Further down, you do specify that the photo-real scenery is only for FSX. Okay, fine, I understand that. But, you also say that the scenery encompasses the whole island in both sims. That is what I was expecting, but that is not what I got. You need to be more specific. What, exactly, do you mean by "whole island"? A reasonably prudent person (myself included) would think that means that the entire island gets a facelift. Am I wrong?

Further down, you state "Surroundings extremely detailed, most mayor hotels in the area, and other important landmarks." You don't specify which sim this pertains to, so a reasonably prudent person (myself included) would assume both. But, since I didn't get this in my scenery, clearly it is not for both of them. That is three times now that you mislead me. Not nice.

Again, I am very disappointed, and a bit angry at your tomfoolery. I am not going to ask for my money back, as I spent less than $10 on it. But, I can no longer, in good conscience, be a customer of yours. Three strikes and you're out.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:25 am

houndog528 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 am
Thank you for your quick response. I am very disappointed to hear that. If this is truly the case, then I think your product description is very unclear, and amounts to nothing less than false advertising. From the description on Simmarket, it states "We have completed for both FS versions (FS9, FSX) an entire island archipelago of this British overseas territory, with thousands of hand placed objects." You specifically say "both" FS versions get the entire island archipelago. Not one, not the other, but both. Is my understanding of that sentence wrong?

Further down, you do specify that the photo-real scenery is only for FSX. Okay, fine, I understand that. But, you also say that the scenery encompasses the whole island in both sims. That is what I was expecting, but that is not what I got. You need to be more specific. What, exactly, do you mean by "whole island"? A reasonably prudent person (myself included) would think that means that the entire island gets a facelift. Am I wrong?

Further down, you state "Surroundings extremely detailed, most mayor hotels in the area, and other important landmarks." You don't specify which sim this pertains to, so a reasonably prudent person (myself included) would assume both. But, since I didn't get this in my scenery, clearly it is not for both of them. That is three times now that you mislead me. Not nice.

Again, I am very disappointed, and a bit angry at your tomfoolery. I am not going to ask for my money back, as I spent less than $10 on it. But, I can no longer, in good conscience, be a customer of yours. Three strikes and you're out.
You know what, my apologies (I have forgoten), it does include them in FS2004. Can I see the pictures of the airport and the islands?

it should look like this

online image reviews
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

houndog528

Post by houndog528 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:26 pm

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for looking into this, and thank you for your apology. It is much appreciated. I feel like I should apologize as well. I went off a little on a rant last night, and I should not have. For that, I am sorry.

That said, here is a picture of what my island looks like:
rsz_bermuda.jpg
rsz_bermuda.jpg (102.64 KiB) Viewed 2263 times
Clearly, it doesn't look as good as yours. The airport is where it should be, and looks and works great. But, it's the rest of the island scenery that is not coming through for some reason. I thought maybe the automatic install did something to it, so I did a manual install. No change. I found that the automatic scenery put the TXKF and Terrain Folders into a LatinVFR folder in my scenery folder, where I have my other LatinVFR scenery (Miami; works great, by the way). Thinking that maybe this was a problem, I moved them out and into my scenery folder, but that didn't work either, so back into the LatinVFR folder they went. I noticed that in the LatinVFR folder the Terrain folder is above the TXKF folder, but on my scenery load page in FS9, the Terrain folder is second to TXKF, like it should be. So, I guess that's not the problem.

Thanks again for your help,

Houndog528

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi, is the 'Bermuda Terrain' active in the scenery library? bellow the TXKF airport entry?

let me know
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

houndog528

Post by houndog528 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Yes, it is. I activated it through the installer, and then also tried it manually.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:25 pm

Those islands look a bit modified, though not like mines, do you have any terrain addon for the Caribbean or anything active?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

houndog528

Post by houndog528 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:44 pm

No, I don't. I used to have FREEflow installed for the Caribbean and Bermuda, but that was on a previous computer. When I changed computers, I did a fresh install (did not transfer anything from my old computer) and did not install FREEflow for the Caribbean and/or Bermuda. So, it was a clean install. I don't believe FREEflow would have had an effect anyway, as I have your Miami scenery installed with FREEflow Florida, and the two are working in perfect harmony. No issues whatsoever. So, no, I haven't done anything to modify Bermuda in anyway. Not even an AFCAD.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:55 pm

houndog528 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:44 pm
No, I don't. I used to have FREEflow installed for the Caribbean and Bermuda, but that was on a previous computer. When I changed computers, I did a fresh install (did not transfer anything from my old computer) and did not install FREEflow for the Caribbean and/or Bermuda. So, it was a clean install. I don't believe FREEflow would have had an effect anyway, as I have your Miami scenery installed with FREEflow Florida, and the two are working in perfect harmony. No issues whatsoever. So, no, I haven't done anything to modify Bermuda in anyway. Not even an AFCAD.
Ok, can you show me a picture of your scenery library please?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner