SCELv2 runway, approach and taxiway centreline lights very dim.

Post product support request for our P3dv4 version products!
RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: SCELv2 runway, approach and taxiway centreline lights very dim.

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:44 pm

kevinh wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:40 pm
The email support only went so far. What's happening?
Hi, we resolved the runway lights for you, you stated. Now the problem is that you centerline are too dim according to you.

can you change your SAA settings to higher and check?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

kevinh

Post by kevinh » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:23 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:44 pm
kevinh wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:40 pm
The email support only went so far. What's happening?
Hi, we resolved the runway lights for you, you stated. Now the problem is that you centerline are too dim according to you.

can you change your SAA settings to higher and check?
Hi Ricardo,

Yes you did, but if you check my OP it wasn't just the runway lights. I also mentioned the approach lights and taxiway centreline lights. I didn't mention the strobes but if there are any at SCEL they aren't visible. According to the charts I have (not in date) 17L has ALSF-II approach lights with REIL and PAPI, 17R has ALSF-I with REIL and PAPI, 35R has SSALS with REIL and PAPI and 35L only has REIL and PAPI-L

The other thing is that while bright runway lights are now visible, the dim lights are still there if you look closely. Will upload a screenshot when I get a chance.

Edit: Also, there are no runway end lights (I assumed you'd add those with the white edge and centreline lights), no touchdown lights. The bright white lights you have added aren't well aligned with the markings and graphics depicting the lights themselves, and the old dim lights that remain are probably where the bright lights should be.

Screen shot shows the dim centreline lights close to the centreline marking, dim touchdown lights, dim end lights and approach lights. The bright lights you added are offset to the left compared to the existing dim lights. Not really visible in the preview, it needs to be opened.

To be honest I'd rather find what is causing the lights not to display properly in P3Dv4 for me than have some new lights brighter lights added in approximately the right place. If I disable dynamic lights all the airport lights (bright and dim) disappear except the bright lights you added last week. What settings could prevent the lighting I've mentioned from showing at full brightness?
Kevin

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:12 pm

You are getting issues because for some reason the lights are not working as they should, as you saw on the product pictures

Or as you can see on these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Tx-b2JScM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4W6VJQ_D2M

These are the original lights for SCEL.

I had to send you a set of lights as an emergency because for some reason the intended and correct lights don't show on your computer. So unless you try to pin point on your system why our lights can't work, this is why I sent you that.

Now, doing some digging (researching other threads), it seems you might have not installed the SODE hotfix for SCEL so you can get the original lights to work correctly?

So, uninstall the scenery, install again full, then install the SODE hotfix. Let me know
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

kevinh

Post by kevinh » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:13 pm

Changing SAA settings up to 8xSSAA made no difference to light brightness.
Kevin

kevinh

Post by kevinh » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:22 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:12 pm
You are getting issues because for some reason the lights are not working as they should, as you saw on the product pictures

I had to send you a set of lights as an emergency because for some reason the intended and correct lights don't show on your computer. So unless you try to pin point on your system why our lights can't work, this is why I sent you that.

Now, doing some digging (researching other threads), it seems you might have not installed the SODE hotfix for SCEL so you can get the original lights to work correctly?

So, uninstall the scenery, install again full, then install the SODE hotfix. Let me know
Yes but patching all these lights isn't a practical solution for you or a good solution for me. However the SODE hotfix sounds promising. I didn't know I needed it, so it isn't installed. I bought the scenery from PC Aviator so can't download it on your product page. Can you send me a link please?

My SODE is v1.7.1.

edit: Would the latest SODE installer (it's dated 7 June 2020) include the hotfix update?

edit2: ignore that, I already have latest 1.7.1 installed.
Last edited by kevinh on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:41 pm

kevinh wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:22 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:12 pm

Yes but patching all these lights isn't a practical solution for you or a good solution for me. However the SODE hotfix sounds promising. I didn't know I needed it, so it isn't installed. I bought the scenery from PC Aviator so can't download it on your product page. Can you send me a link please?

My SODE is v1.7.1.

edit: Would the latest SODE installer (it's dated 7 June 2020) include the hotfix update?
Hi, its not the SODE installer, its within us on the SCEL package.

I am sending you via email the SODE hotfix.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

kevinh

Post by kevinh » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:03 pm

Hi Ricardo,

Many thanks that hotfix worked a charm. Everything as bright as it should be.

Do any other LVFR airports need such a fix? I have KMIAv5, LEBL and LEMD.

Thanks again from your excellent support.
Kevin

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:30 pm

kevinh wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:03 pm
Hi Ricardo,

Many thanks that hotfix worked a charm. Everything as bright as it should be.

Do any other LVFR airports need such a fix? I have KMIAv5, LEBL and LEMD.

Thanks again from your excellent support.
What probably happened here is an outdated installer for SCEL. The problem was with SODE and the hotfix resolved it.

Please check if those airports have issues, if they do yes.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

PC Pilot

Post by PC Pilot » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:02 pm

Hello, Ricardo:

How can the rest of us get a fix for this issue?

A few months ago I installed P3D v5.2 HF1 and uninstalled P3D v4 and all of the addons including my LatinVFR airports. All has been well except today I flew into SCEL via RNAV and it was a disaster mainly because the approach lights, runway lights, centerlines were not on. I found this post and I am having the exact same issue. I have the latest version of SODE and the jetways do work.

Should I redownload the P3D v5 installer and see if that fixes it?

Please advise.
R. Will Thomas
Flight simming since 1998
P3D, X-Plane, FSX (retired)
Pilot & Aircraft Painter

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi, please place the attached in p3d/latinvfr/Santiago/scenery
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner