KEYW RWY Texture problem after Hotfix

Post product support request for our P3dv4 version products!
plepew

KEYW RWY Texture problem after Hotfix

Post by plepew » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:16 am

Just got KEYW for P3DV4.5, and applied the hotfix. If I start at Key West, all is good. The only problem I see is that shadows are a little wonky on some taxiways (only visible on the edges of some taxiways). This doesn't really bother me, but I mention it in case it helps to diagnose the main problem.

The main issue I have is that when I fly to KEYW form somewhere else, the runway texture dissolves as I approach the runway leaving the underlying photoscenery. When I land on it, my wheels seem to sink into the terrain much farther than when the runway surface is visible. I tried reinstalling the airport and hotfix. No luck. I've tried setting the mesh resolution to 2, 5, 10 meters and no luck. However, when I do change the mesh resolution (increase or decrease), which forces the scenery to reload, the problem IS fixed. The runway texture remains visible (but not really something I want to have to do on every final approach).

Here you can see the runway texture is only visible further down the runway. The closer I get, the more of it disappears.

A Close up view

An overhead view as it is beginning to flicker and disappear. As I zoom in more the runway disappears.

plepew

Re: KEYW RWY Texture problem after Hotfix

Post by plepew » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Update: after deleting the original install, redownloading the airport, and re-installing - but without the hotfix installed - it seems to be working fine now. I just did a quick test, and i dont' have the flickering textures that everyone seemed to be having P3Dv4.5 and the runway texture seems to load fine when I fly in from another location! I'll keep testing and update if I find any issues.

Caribe

Re: KEYW RWY Texture problem after Hotfix

Post by Caribe » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:34 am

Buenos Dias

yo acabo de comprar Key West por Simmarket. La Version 2.1. Tengo problema de Flickering en la pista de aterrizaje. Como puedo resolver ese problema. Les agradeceria mucho si me ayudaran.

Muchos saludos desde la fria alemania.

Julio Garcia