(solved) KMIA v5.1 texture bleed through on runways???

Post product support request for our P3dv4 version products!
P3dNerd

(solved) KMIA v5.1 texture bleed through on runways???

Post by P3dNerd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:47 am

I've seen some small issues with what appears to be some sort of texture bleed through, mainly on some runways on the west side of KMIA v5.1 such as 08L. It looks like some other photoreal texture or layer is bleeding through slightly and only in patches.

I've got P3d v4.4 and I've got DD Miami City X...but I've deactivated DD's KMIA and renamed the relevant .bgl files to OFF just to be sure, including the one for the Orbx NA landclass scenery. I've also got Latinvfr KMIA in the scenery index higher than DD's Miami City X.

I'm trying to figure out how to post screen shots here to show what I'm seeing.....in the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing any issue like this.

Thanks for the feedback.....and I hope to supplement this post with some screen shots later.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: KMIA v5.1 texture bleed through on runways???

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:19 am

Hi, please do post the shots if you can. thanks
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

P3dNerd

Post by P3dNerd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:22 am

Will do....I’m working on it.

P3dNerd

Post by P3dNerd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:20 am

Let me first say that I really like the KMIA v5.1 scenery.....overall it's fantastic.

The issues that I'm raising are in my opinion minor...but I wanted to bring it to your attention.

Having trouble attaching any screenshots....keep getting errors that file is too big.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

P3dNerd

Post by P3dNerd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:41 am

Hopefully this is a link that will get you to a folder containing the screenshots showing the texture issues on RWY 08L, 08R and 09.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag1-dR5hf53ukAYsMLhzbTVkvftM

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:30 pm

P3dNerd wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:41 am
Hopefully this is a link that will get you to a folder containing the screenshots showing the texture issues on RWY 08L, 08R and 09.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag1-dR5hf53ukAYsMLhzbTVkvftM
Hi, these are significant issues you are having.

did you uninstall any previous version you might have had?

and what other addons of the area do you have?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

P3dNerd

Post by P3dNerd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:58 pm

yes....I used the uninstaller included to uninstall version 5.0 before I installed version 5.1.

As I mentioned in the earlier post, I do have DD Miami City X installed but did not activate KMIA from that package.
I have Orbx vector and North America and Global installed, but have deactivated all the bgl files associated with KMIA that is not Latinvfr.

I could try re-installing version 5.1 again and see what happens....I'll let you know what I find out.

If that doesn't fix the problem....then I think I'll uninstall DD Miami City X and see if that resolves the problem which would indicate that is the source of the texture glitch.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this issue.
Like I said, the scenery is great and for the most part, I don't have any other issues.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Ok sure, you are free to keep DD's Miami city, but I suggest you de-activate it completely to see if its the culprit. Which I doubt.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

P3dNerd

Post by P3dNerd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Well, I'm sure that working together on this will get it sorted eventually. :D

P3dNerd

Post by P3dNerd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Okay....good news.....problem solved!

Turns out that the issue shown in the screenshots with the texture bleed through was something that I created myself.

I had deactivated a bgl file for KMIA that was in the ORBX folders and that was the source of the problem.
So when I renamed the ORBX KMIA bgl file from OFF back to its original condition......the problems shown in the screenshots went away completely and the issue was totally resolved.

I usually deactivate ORBX bgl files for an airport whenever I install another company's addon airport scenery as a matter of course to ensure that I don't have duplicate objects such as control towers.

But now I have learned that doing so may not be necessary in all cases....and it may actually create problems.
Lesson learned!!!

So anyone who is reading the posts under this topic should understand that there is nothing whatsoever wrong with the Latinvfr KMIA v5.1 scenery.....it works perfectly.....and is terrific. The problem encountered and mentioned in my original post was one that I created by messing around with the ORBX bgl file for KMIA.