Shadows in Key West v2

Post product support request for our P3dv4 version products!
Wrap23

Shadows in Key West v2

Post by Wrap23 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:53 am

First, congratulations on 10 years! I am enjoying Key West v2 In P3Dv4 with one exception. Key West V2 is said to be compatible with P3Dv4. However, aircraft shadows are hidden on many paved areas of the airport. I can see a complete shadow on occasion when the scenery loads but then it appears to be covered up by a “concrete layer.” The aircraft shadow is always visible over grass or dirt but it disappears when on some paved and painted areas. I have shadows turned on in P3D settings but it doesn’t help. Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Don

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: Shadows in Key West v2

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi thanks for your comments. In the coming weeks there will be an update on the ground poly (runways, taxiways, aprons) for KEYW for P3dv4 that will fix that. thank you and stay tuned.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Wrap23

Post by Wrap23 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:12 pm

Greetings Ricardo. It's been nearly a year and a half since you indicated that Key West would be updated so shadows would be visible. Is this still on the to do list or will it go without shadows?

Thanks,
Don

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi, you are indeed correct, I did say that. Then came the news of FS2020 and other new sims, so we kind of held on to a new version of KEYW considering new sims are coming out. Let me see how we can correct this without doing something major.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Wrap23

Post by Wrap23 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Ricardo,
Thank you very much for responding to my post and releasing a Hotfix for KeyWest. I was super pleased to see shadows on the Runway! I appreciate the time you must have put into this. Whatever treatment you applied to the runways didn't appear to get applied to the center of the concrete taxiways. I'm no developer so I have no idea if the code that changed the runway shadows could easily be applied to the taxiways. Thanks again for enhancing my Key West experience with new runway shadows!

Respectfully,
Don Spence
Attachments
key west shadows.PNG
key west shadows.PNG (166.86 KiB) Viewed 658 times