More LEMD Problems

Post product support request for our P3dv4 version products!
Tim_Capps

More LEMD Problems

Post by Tim_Capps » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:55 am

Here are my specs: PC: Falcon i9 10900K @ 5.3GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.1

LEMD installed is the Non-PBR version after running the LEMD uninstall tool for the originally-installed PBR version. Frame rates are very high, but so is GPU usage. At 2048x2048 GPU usage with your defaults show as high as 8.5/9 with GSX with a Captain Sim L1011 at Gate 11. Going for a joyride in the same airplane all around Madrid and the airport it was around 7/9 with high frame rates. It does look good at the default settings! But less so when you start unticking boxes in the config tool. Anyway, I had made it all the way to the Gate on a flight from EGGW Luton before the OOM struck. The terminal area is a killer.

Start unticking boxes and it suffers from a "stitched-together" look immediately around the airport. The weird green taxiway zones crossing the runway look awful--but they look awful in photos, too. Surely they could be made to look like actual paint instead of fuzzy graphics artifacts. With photoreal scenery unchecked, it still looks like photoreal to me. at least around the airport.

It is installed along with LEBL at or near the top of the scenery order. Orbx Global and Europe LC are installed below third-party scenery as advised by Orbx. This is the only scenery I have ever had an OOM crash with. At least I had landed. Do you have any other suggestions? Frame rates break 100 FPS, but the big problem is the VRAM.

Okay, they're there. But... somehow they don't look quite convincing.

Non-PBR, Photo Scenery Unchecked

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: More LEMD Problems

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi, we are sorry for your issues. If you want VRAM to improve, just reduce texture size to 1024x1024.

No need to untick photo scenery it doesn't affect performance.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner