KFLL 1.1 Sloped Runway BGL FPS Issue

Post product support request for our P3dv5 version products!
FBWFTW

Re: KFLL 1.1 Sloped Runway BGL FPS Issue

Post by FBWFTW » Sat May 29, 2021 4:10 pm

Glad to hear this myself. I’ve had nothing but issues with KFLL (non PBR) v1.1-I literally own every airport LVFR makes in the USA, they’re my favorites, but the vram in 5.1 @ KFLL is just killing me-I load into KFLL and I’m immediately at 6.1/7.0 VRAM in the non PBR version. Then the FPS issue happens as well. IDK If some fixes will tune the vram down a touch but that would be very welcome! Thank you so much for taking the time to take a look Ricardo!

CaptKornDog

Post by CaptKornDog » Sat May 29, 2021 4:23 pm

Yes, for some reason FLL is by far my biggest VRAM hog - both PBR and non-PBR. Even compared to other scenery developers. Quite strange.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat May 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Most likely scenario is removing the sloped runway and the mesh, this can cause problems with FPS and VRAM. We are planning on removing the sloped runway altogether, and offer it as an option for P3D v5.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

CaptKornDog

Post by CaptKornDog » Mon May 31, 2021 3:57 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:59 pm
Most likely scenario is removing the sloped runway and the mesh, this can cause problems with FPS and VRAM. We are planning on removing the sloped runway altogether, and offer it as an option for P3D v5.
Fantastic to hear. I'm very much looking forward to it.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon May 31, 2021 8:37 pm

CaptKornDog wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 3:57 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:59 pm
Fantastic to hear. I'm very much looking forward to it.
We are currently working on this, and we hope in the coming days to release this updated version of KFLL. This will only be for P3dv5. P3dv4 no significant issues reported.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Deception780

Post by Deception780 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:27 pm

Always got to give credit where its due. Having an active dev in his forums and addresses the issues nowadays is rare. Ricardo BIG PROPS to you and its amazing to have you as a long term dev in the community and I thank you for all you do.

FBWFTW

Post by FBWFTW » Mon May 31, 2021 11:36 pm

Deception780 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:27 pm
Always got to give credit where its due. Having an active dev in his forums and addresses the issues nowadays is rare. Ricardo BIG PROPS to you and its amazing to have you as a long term dev in the community and I thank you for all you do.
This... So much this.

Ricardo, your products are by far my absolute favorites in P3D V5. I own almost all of them-all of them in the USA plus TXKF-they’re the best of the best. I just want KFLL to work again. I had non-PBR versions of KMIA and KFLL installed but for whatever reason even when I deactivate the sloped runway deal I go from 30fps to 12-18fps and no really significant difference in vram from the PBR version. For some reason the PBR version has better frame rates but then I run into out of VRAM issues even with the recommended draw distance etc.

Thank you so much for all you do I know for one I’ll be looking forward to the KFLL update! (And hopefully a KRDU terrain fix after that)

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:35 am

OK, so we have a statement, KFLL 1.2 released for P3dv5

Before installing this new version, please make sure you uninstall fully KFLL v1.1. The uninstaller is available right where you download 1.2
This new version of KFLL for P3Dv5 is only for P3dv5 due to certain issues. Most importantly the Slopedrwy.dll file will become unusable and unworkable very soon and may not allow you to use P3D, due to a development into P3dv5 that we can’t currently divulge because of NDA. As of the release of this version June 2nd 2021 this has not happened but because of the seriousness of the situation we have to release this ASAP, and let all owners of KFLL for P3Dv5 have version 1.1 uninstalled ASAP. And therefore, switch to either one of these two options until we find out how to solution this issue and if there is a solution.

KFLL for P3dv5 options without the slopedrwy.dll that would have allowed you to have AI traffic follow the sloped runway
1- The regular full PBR version of KFLL with the sloped runway platform, but without AI traffic following the runways/taxiways slopes. STANDARD INSTALLER
2- Non-PBR non sloped runway KFLL airport that would allow you to have AI traffic working correctly and very low on consumption of VRAM. OPTIONAL INSTALLER

We have had to re-do most of the airport for this last option of totally flat, fixing the lighting and other objects and features. But because of feedback customers were asking for a version like this, and also because of the future situation with P3dv5.
As for performance, it might still be an issue if you have our KMIA visible from KFLL, since these are two very detailed airports, having two very large airports load is recipe for performance issues. We ask that you either bring down the settings or reduce to MEDIUM the scenery draw distance as we ask here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=405
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

FBWFTW

Post by FBWFTW » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:00 pm

Ricardo-after running the uninstaller and then running the Non-PBR installer-I keep getting this message. Can you please advise?

niksan29

Post by niksan29 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:58 pm
The problem is not the textures. The issue here is that the polygons that make the landable platform cause performance issues on some systems.
in the new KFLL version, 1.2 this gluttonous sloped rwy file is absent and we see a noticeable increase in FPS and a decrease in video memory consumption ;)
but the default antennas (which I also reported earlier in another thread) are still present here: