LVFR KFLL V1.2 Missing Taxiway Signs

Post product support request for our P3dv5 version products!
FBWFTW

Re: LVFR KFLL V1.2 Missing Taxiway Signs

Post by FBWFTW » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:03 am

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:39 am
FBWFTW wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:55 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:12 pm
1.2 nonpbr does not include the slope. So can you show me more pictures because we flattened completely KFLL non pbr non slope
I will do you one better, I’ll make a YouTube video of an approach/taxi around for you and post it here. That way you can see what’s going on with the VRAM as well!
The reality is that default KFLL for P3D treats it as the elevation is 60ft because the highest point on the airport is 60 feet which is the highest point on the sloped runway. So either default polygons are kicking in or another addon.

1. Which other addons of the area do you have ?
2z do you have AI traffic addons?
1. Orbx TrueEarth Florida
2. No AI but I’ve been debating trying it out with that AIG manager thing everyone seems to like.

Is it possible to have the slope WITHOUT the PBR? If so, I’d love to do that. I just don’t have the VRAM to spare with TE Florida in. Your airports are absolutely amazing Ricardo-PBR or non PBR I don’t notice that much of a visual difference-to me it’s just the shiny stuff on the jetways. I’m still not convinced there isn’t a file or something that could be causing the issue-since even KFLL PBR/non PBR would do the VRAM skyrocket with or without KMIA installed.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:25 pm

FBWFTW wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:03 am
RicardoLVFR wrote:
FBWFTW wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:55 pm

I will do you one better, I’ll make a YouTube video of an approach/taxi around for you and post it here. That way you can see what’s going on with the VRAM as well!
The reality is that default KFLL for P3D treats it as the elevation is 60ft because the highest point on the airport is 60 feet which is the highest point on the sloped runway. So either default polygons are kicking in or another addon.

2. No AI but I’ve been debating trying it out with that AIG manager thing everyone seems to like.

Is it possible to have the slope WITHOUT the PBR? If so, I’d love to do that. I just don’t have the VRAM to spare with TE Florida in. Your airports are absolutely amazing Ricardo-PBR or non PBR I don’t notice that much of a visual difference-to me it’s just the shiny stuff on the jetways. I’m still not convinced there isn’t a file or something that could be causing the issue-since even KFLL PBR/non PBR would do the VRAM skyrocket with or without KMIA installed.
TrueEarth Florida has been out for a while, so I doubt that may be the issue, but if you briefly disable it please let me know.

As for having the slope without PBR, at the moment is not possible. We can only have 2 version of KFLL, with PBR and slope, and non pbr without slope. A 3rd is too difficult now to support. As the sloped runway also causes performance issues on certain systems.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

FBWFTW

Post by FBWFTW » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:33 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:25 pm
FBWFTW wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:03 am
RicardoLVFR wrote:

TrueEarth Florida has been out for a while, so I doubt that may be the issue, but if you briefly disable it please let me know.

As for having the slope without PBR, at the moment is not possible. We can only have 2 version of KFLL, with PBR and slope, and non pbr without slope. A 3rd is too difficult now to support. As the sloped runway also causes performance issues on certain systems.

I’ll see about disabling TE Florida and report back. As for the third version-no need was just wondering if it would work with one file. Would rather if you were able to hunt down the VRAM culprits.

micstatic

Post by micstatic » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:43 pm

Another quick question. Is there a quick and easy way to confirm whether we have the pbr or non pbr version of the scenery installed? I've made numerous changes over the years and now can't remember. thanks.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:05 pm

micstatic wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:43 pm
Another quick question. Is there a quick and easy way to confirm whether we have the pbr or non pbr version of the scenery installed? I've made numerous changes over the years and now can't remember. thanks.
the non pbr doesn't have the sloped runway. The PBR does.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

born2lfy75

Post by born2lfy75 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:20 pm

Hi,

I am also having the missing taxiway sign issue on the 28R side of the airport. No elevation issues here. I'm using P3D v5.3 HF2 and the non-PBR version of KFLL. A reinstallation of the scenery did not resolve the issue.

Thank you.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:26 am

born2lfy75 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:20 pm
Hi,

I am also having the missing taxiway sign issue on the 28R side of the airport. No elevation issues here. I'm using P3D v5.3 HF2 and the non-PBR version of KFLL. A reinstallation of the scenery did not resolve the issue.

Thank you.
Can we see a picture please?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

born2lfy75

Post by born2lfy75 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:18 pm

Here are a couple pictures.

Thanks.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:53 pm

born2lfy75 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:18 pm
Here are a couple pictures.

Thanks.
Which version of KFLL is this?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

born2lfy75

Post by born2lfy75 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:26 pm

This is the "LatinVFR_KFLL_1.2_p3dv5_nonPBRslope.exe" version from Simmarket. I also ran the following files that were available if you think that had any effect:

LatinVFR_effectsFIX_p3d5.exe
LatinVFR_KFLL_SODE_fix.exe (I noticed this one has been removed from Simmarket)