KFLL Terrain glitches/issues

piedmonitor

Re: KFLL Terrain glitches/issues

Post by piedmonitor » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:06 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:32 pm
Reason why there are huge differences between default and our scenery is because we decided to try and make the slope on runway 10R/28L as realistic as it is in real life.

On the default there isn't even an attempt or a similitude with the real world.

We had hoped and expected that these terrain issues would have improved as the SDK improved, but unfortunately the update to the SDK that we had hoped would solve these issues did not help at all.

The main problem is the following:

the sloped runway/taxiway is too close to the apron which is mostly flat. We tried moving the taxiway further to the runway and farther from the apron to no avail.

Weeks or months ago MSFS released an update to the SDK addressing terrain situations, but that failed to help improve this situation.

We admit, this looks horrible. But right now, unless we remove the sloped runway altogether, there is not much we can do.

And removing the sloped runway is something that will go against what we have advertised on this scenery. Our apologies.
I wonder if the Northern Sky Studio developer(s) could be of any assistance to you, PAKT has a similar situation -- the runway, though flat, is much higher than the apron, which sits very close to the side of the runway, and the taxiways have a significant slope down from the runway to the apron. The last time I flew in and out of there in the sim with their scenery I remember everything being pretty smooth and even.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:42 pm

piedmonitor wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:06 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Reason why there are huge differences between default and our scenery is because we decided to try and make the slope on runway 10R/28L as realistic as it is in real life.

We had hoped and expected that these terrain issues would have improved as the SDK improved, but unfortunately the update to the SDK that we had hoped would solve these issues did not help at all.

the sloped runway/taxiway is too close to the apron which is mostly flat. We tried moving the taxiway further to the runway and farther from the apron to no avail.

Weeks or months ago MSFS released an update to the SDK addressing terrain situations, but that failed to help improve this situation.

We admit, this looks horrible. But right now, unless we remove the sloped runway altogether, there is not much we can do.

And removing the sloped runway is something that will go against what we have advertised on this scenery. Our apologies.
I wonder if the Northern Sky Studio developer(s) could be of any assistance to you, PAKT has a similar situation -- the runway, though flat, is much higher than the apron, which sits very close to the side of the runway, and the taxiways have a significant slope down from the runway to the apron. The last time I flew in and out of there in the sim with their scenery I remember everything being pretty smooth and even.
Thank you, will check it out, and if they did what we tried to do, we will try to reach out to them.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:14 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:42 pm
piedmonitor wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:06 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:

Thank you, will check it out, and if they did what we tried to do, we will try to reach out to them.
Ok so decided on checking it out. Bought it, and they did a great job.

However, this situation is not similar to KFLL. In KFLL the runway is sloped, and on this airport PAKT, the runway is mostly flat. Yes the apron is next to the runway, however, in KFLL we got both the runway and a taxiway, and the runway is sloped.

We will try to reach out to the guys in Northern Sky studio, and ask them if they can tell us how they made it and if they can help. lets see.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

tkd391

Post by tkd391 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:47 pm

Just checking to see if there is an update. Thanks!

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:31 am

We spoken with them and send them our project files and they have encountered the similar complex issues of KFLL, the good news is they will try to se what can be done.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

tkd391

Post by tkd391 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:05 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:31 am
We spoken with them and send them our project files and they have encountered the similar complex issues of KFLL, the good news is they will try to se what can be done.
Great news! Thank you for following up. Looking forward to seeing what can be done!

piedmonitor

Post by piedmonitor » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:18 am

Any news from NSS?

piedmonitor

Post by piedmonitor » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:11 am

Following up again on FLL

JP_Flyer1184

Post by JP_Flyer1184 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:19 pm

Same following up also, I love FLL

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:23 pm

It seems this issue is too complex and and difficult to resolve because of the airport layout. Only solution now is to make it all flat or with a very slight slope.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner