What will happen with MSFS world update 8 and your spanish airports ?

ACSoft

What will happen with MSFS world update 8 and your spanish airports ?

Post by ACSoft » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:42 am

Hello,

As an owner of your Barcelona LEBL addon, which also include improvements of the city of Barcelona, like the Sagra Famillia and other landmarks, I worry of what will happen with the new spanish Microsoft datas.

Are-you going to publish an update in the same time, which will solve any potential conflicts and/or made your scenery fully compatible visually and technically speaking ?

If not, can-you almost tell us what will happen will MSFS own LEBL airport & Barcelona landmarks improvements ?

For example, if we want to have MSFS landmarks improvements, will we have no other choice than to delete your whole LEBL scenery ?

Thanks in forward to inform us !

CaptCherrie

Re: What will happen with MSFS world update 8 and your spanish airports ?

Post by CaptCherrie » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:17 pm

I assume the answer will be the same as what happened in Australia. Developers don't get early access information about World Update data particularly with terrain remesh and photogrammetry data. Once the update is live, the developers get their first look at it when the public does.

With Australia city scape products, we still have multiple buildings from Microsoft and Asobo that haven't been updated yet.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:38 pm

ACSoft wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:42 am
Hello,

As an owner of your Barcelona LEBL addon, which also include improvements of the city of Barcelona, like the Sagra Famillia and other landmarks, I worry of what will happen with the new spanish Microsoft datas.

Are-you going to publish an update in the same time, which will solve any potential conflicts and/or made your scenery fully compatible visually and technically speaking ?

If not, can-you almost tell us what will happen will MSFS own LEBL airport & Barcelona landmarks improvements ?

For example, if we want to have MSFS landmarks improvements, will we have no other choice than to delete your whole LEBL scenery ?

Thanks in forward to inform us !
HI, we don't know till its published. So we are on the same page. Next week you shall find out. Stay tuned.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

ACSoft

Post by ACSoft » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:50 am

Thanks Ricardo,

Its a pitty that Microsoft don't trust you and don't give you the update in advance, so you can study it and be ready in time.

Maybe, you can already separate the landmarks from the airport itself, so that, in the future, we may choose between your city improvements or those of WU8, without to loose your fantastic airport, which, for sure, will remain much better than the one in WU8 ? This will be probably the main question after WU8.

Anyway, like you say, I stay tuned and we will see what happen.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:45 am

ACSoft wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:50 am
Thanks Ricardo,

Its a pitty that Microsoft don't trust you and don't give you the update in advance, so you can study it and be ready in time.

Maybe, you can already separate the landmarks from the airport itself, so that, in the future, we may choose between your city improvements or those of WU8, without to loose your fantastic airport, which, for sure, will remain much better than the one in WU8 ? This will be probably the main question after WU8.

Anyway, like you say, I stay tuned and we will see what happen.
with MSFS you can't do that within the MSFS SDK. We might be able to do this with the contrail users but not the marketplace customers. So lets sit and wait, and we will come to solutions once released.

As for trust, well, they do give us access to the beta for the World Updates. But I understand your concern.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

ACSoft

Post by ACSoft » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:10 am

Hi Ricardo,

I can confirm your announcement, Barcelona airport and landmarks are 100% OK for me.

I don't know how you did that, but, for example, the Sagrada Familia is now the one of Microsoft and I didn't see any conflict between yours, which depicted more the actual state of the cathedral:

and the new Microsoft one, which represent what will be this cathedral, when it will be finished:

Personally, I prefer the new model, so, everything is good for me.

I checked also the airport, including building interior and all remain 100% OK, as you say.

Thanks for your kind collaboration !

Quaere Verum

Post by Quaere Verum » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:06 am

Hi Ricardo,

I hope you are well.

Unfortunately I can see that the W Hotel is duplicated with the LatinVR version and the Microsoft version. the are slightly offset so you can see your version from one side and the Microsoft version from the other.

Also the Nou Camp stadium is also duplicated where the LatinVR version sits slightly above the Microsoft version.

I've not spotted anything else yet.

Cheers

Terry

ACSoft

Post by ACSoft » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:44 am

Yes, Quaere, you are right, unfortunately.

Afterward, I looked in more details and remarked what your mention.

Moreover, there is the change of 2 runways number, which provoke problems, like mentioned in the here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1338

Apparently Ricardo will be able to solve some of the problems, generated by this change, but not all of them. So, I fear we won't be able to have operational SID & STAR on these runways for a loooong time, because this depend of Asobo and they apparently don't care about what is at the origin of this problem. I read on Navigraph forum, that this is something which was mentioned already since more than a year now !!!

DigFS

Post by DigFS » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:57 am

Hello,
if there seem to be some bugs when Barcelona and Valencia airports/scenarios are installed after WU8.

The new models introduced by Asobo seem to have a higher quality, so it would be nice if the airports updates would exclude the models already included with the WU8, limiting the addon to the airport and POI not included with the WU8.

In the official MSFS forum they have included a thread with examples of some of the errors that can be seen in Madrid.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/le ... /506789/18

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:11 pm

We released under contrail version 1.1.0 of Barcelona LEBL

1- Renamed runways to 06/24 as in real life. Changed taxiway signs and ground textures.

2- ILS approaches now are for the correct new runways

3- Removed double buildings that came with the new WU in the Barcelona city area.

For the marketplace we expect and hope to have it by this coming Thursday 31st of March.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner