Abrupt pitch inputs

iThRz7

Re: Abrupt pitch inputs

Post by iThRz7 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:08 pm

I tried the gusty wind landing, the no-wind landing and I added 5kts + as you said. What I noticed in the gusty landing is that the airplane was really more controlable but some times I had some crazy floating in the very beginning of the flare, pitching up almost nothing and the airplane reacting almost like a go-around. The fall from the sky became more rare.

In the no-wind landing I didn't feel much difference to be honest. But I noticed something different that I haven't noticed until now: the inertia is very very strong. In the flares, mostly in no-wind conditions. I flared gently, but when I stoped flaring, the airplane continued flaring. I even tried to pitch down (in the end of the vídeo) but the inertia was stronger than my inputs and nothing happened. In one of the landings I did, even after the touch down the nose was still going up.

This is the link for the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zt4WtJ4V5w

I'd say, that the solution would be dereasing a bit the inertia. (I dont know if it is simple as that, Im not a programmer, you guys know this a lot more than me and this is just my opinion as a flight simmer and PPL student).

Thanks again for the amazing support you are giving me, Ricardo.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:25 pm

Hi, we definitely will keep tuning and will improve it as much as possible.

One thing on the last video, you seemed to kind of make too much pitch up input on the flare, perhaps a bit too much than needed, but understand your point..

Thank you for letting us know and we will look more into this.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

iThRz7

Post by iThRz7 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:34 pm

Now you got the point, I stopped flaring at the ''10'' callout, and it continued flaring. Thanks a lot for the attention, Ricardo.