A320ceo xbox

The next projects from LatinVFR!
RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: A320ceo xbox

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 pm

AirbusAmateur wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 pm
I've had two instances now of the A320ceo SL losing speed when in the cruise. The engines will suddenly spool back and the speed drops. Despite me selecting the speed manually, the speed will drop and the engines refuse to provide power.
was ATHR on, and you had speed on managed or selected mode?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

AirbusAmateur

Post by AirbusAmateur » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 am

AT was on. The throttles were in the CL detent. In the cruise and had been for a while in manual speed select of 0.78 Mach

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 pm

when you say engines refuse to provide power, do they shut off entirely?

and if you disable AT, do you get to manage the speed? will need a bit more to test if you can tell me more or less how and under what cirucmnstances of flight this happens.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

AirbusAmateur

Post by AirbusAmateur » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:14 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 pm

and if you disable AT, do you get to manage the speed? will need a bit more to test if you can tell me more or less how and under what cirucmnstances of flight this happens.
I'll try my best.

I had another instance this afternoon. All the times it has happened mid-cruise. All of a sudden, the engines roll back and stop. Speed drops and the plane obviously starts a descent. Bearing in mind I'm hundreds of miles from top of descent.

I try to get the engines to spool back up by increasing speed but that has no effect. I have to disable autopilot and apply TOGA power to get any response. Then when you reapply autopilot, it works once more.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:11 pm

AirbusAmateur wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:14 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:

I'll try my best.

I had another instance this afternoon. All the times it has happened mid-cruise. All of a sudden, the engines roll back and stop. Speed drops and the plane obviously starts a descent. Bearing in mind I'm hundreds of miles from top of descent.

I try to get the engines to spool back up by increasing speed but that has no effect. I have to disable autopilot and apply TOGA power to get any response. Then when you reapply autopilot, it works once more.
Will try to see if we can replicate this. But quick question, to what speed does the manage speed commands to ? lower?

or the high speed its supposed to replicate.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

AirbusAmateur

Post by AirbusAmateur » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:11 pm
AirbusAmateur wrote:
RicardoLVFR wrote:

I'll try my best.

Will try to see if we can replicate this. But quick question, to what speed does the manage speed commands to ? lower?

The managed speed doesn't do anything. Power just continues to drop, the engines roll back and I and up descending.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed May 01, 2024 12:56 am

AirbusAmateur wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
AirbusAmateur wrote:

I'll try my best.

The managed speed doesn't do anything. Power just continues to drop, the engines roll back and I and up descending.
I meant, what speed does it command to? does it decrease? I ask because there is a bug whereas the plane enters descent mode and speed reduces. Just want to confirm this is that problem, or another issue.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

AirbusAmateur

Post by AirbusAmateur » Wed May 01, 2024 5:17 am

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:56 am
AirbusAmateur wrote:
RicardoLVFR wrote:

I meant, what speed does it command to? does it decrease? I ask because there is a bug whereas the plane enters descent mode and speed reduces. Just want to confirm this is that problem, or another issue.
Oh. I wasn't aware of this bug. I can't tell you what speed it commands to, I can't recall. I'm sorry. As I said, it's only happened on three flights and I was all over the place trying to keep the plane flying at altitude.

It sounds like it could be this bug you mentioned.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu May 02, 2024 12:15 am

AirbusAmateur wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:17 am
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:56 am
AirbusAmateur wrote:

Oh. I wasn't aware of this bug. I can't tell you what speed it commands to, I can't recall. I'm sorry. As I said, it's only happened on three flights and I was all over the place trying to keep the plane flying at altitude.

It sounds like it could be this bug you mentioned.
in that case whilst we fix it with the avionics update, change to selected speed, instead of managed speed.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner