A320ceo fmc

Pilots general chatter area... this is your general discussion forum!
Godders

A320ceo fmc

Post by Godders » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:52 pm

When I am climbing up to flight cruise, once I get to that the fmc stays in thrust climb and clb instead of reducing speed and going to alt crz and speed when this is all on managed mode, why is this doing that.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: A320ceo fmc

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:11 pm

and that's with the cruise altitude you set on the CDU?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Godders

Post by Godders » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:46 am

Yes mcdu has the correct flight level level. I have to go back into it and reduce the flight level by say 2000 feet and then put it back to the original flight level and then everything works again by showing alt crz and speed. Also on approach I have speed on selected so when I'm around 8 miles out everything configured for landing I'm at 180 knots I hit managed mode again and it wants to speed up to 250 knots and that isn't correct

Godders

Post by Godders » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:51 am

Basically what I'm saying is the MCDU won't change from climb mode to cruise, it stays like that for the whole flight unless I hit approach mode

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:38 pm

Godders wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:51 am
Basically what I'm saying is the MCDU won't change from climb mode to cruise, it stays like that for the whole flight unless I hit approach mode
Strange that it doesn't change to cruise, the reason can be that it never reaches cruise altitude, that's why you can change the cruise level on the init page and that will sort it out.

if you are able to upload a video in youtube we can perhaps take a look.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Godders

Post by Godders » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:19 pm

It's all was working properly last week and then it just started doing this and it's really frustrating. What is programmed into cdu say I put 18000ft which is correct the plane climbs to that and levels off perfectly so that's all good. But I've checked everything to make sure everything is set properly and it is and everything is on managed mode so I can't see a reason why it won't go from climb to cruise in the mcdu unless like I said if I go back into the mcdu and change the FL even to 17000ft and then change it back straight away back to 18000ft that then fixes it. But I shouldn't have to do that on every flight. I mean could this be a bug somewhere? I load my flights from Ms world maps

7heAngryVe7eran

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:28 am

Godders wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:19 pm
It's all was working properly last week and then it just started doing this and it's really frustrating. What is programmed into cdu say I put 18000ft which is correct the plane climbs to that and levels off perfectly so that's all good. But I've checked everything to make sure everything is set properly and it is and everything is on managed mode so I can't see a reason why it won't go from climb to cruise in the mcdu unless like I said if I go back into the mcdu and change the FL even to 17000ft and then change it back straight away back to 18000ft that then fixes it. But I shouldn't have to do that on every flight. I mean could this be a bug somewhere? I load my flights from Ms world maps
I've found during my flights that everything works as intended when I hand jam all the data. The aircraft always goes from climb to cruise correctly.

I have loaded my flight plans using fsuipc, and I've found other issues, such as the flight plan screen in the mcdu turning black during flight with 'untitled' shown at the top.

I have informed Ricardo of this issue, and it is something that is currently being worked on.

Thank you for bringing this specific issue to our attention. I suggest you try to hand jam all the information instead of loading a flight plan, for right now at least. Let us know if that fixes it, or if the problem persists.

Godders

Post by Godders » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:05 am

I've tried all that now and it's still doing the samething unfortunately

maxpmonaghan

Post by maxpmonaghan » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:55 pm

I’ve suffered this myself, however it was not continuous, as in, would seemingly spontaneously seem to not initiate crz phase.

I’ve found it will always initiate crz phase in managed climb mode as long as the flight has been planned or mirrored, including the crz level from with the world map built into MSFS.

Else for some reason it’s hit and miss if the aircraft recognises that it’s reached crz level and initiates the crz phase.

Idk why, but there may be something conflicting between the AI’s assistant pilot and the aircraft, or atc and pilot. It never fails to recognise the crz level when the plan has been implemented in either the built in planner or both, but will often fail to activate the cruise phase if one simply loads to gate or runway and sync’s the plan from Simbrief via the tablet.

It’s almost as if there is a secondary saved crz level either calculated by the game or atc that is accepted by AI assistance and overrides the synced plans in the MCDU.

I believe but am not 100% sure that should one use a SimBrief plan, on a completely Un-mirrored flight (load cold and dark with no MSFS generated plan) and by chance the game’s calculated TOC is the same as SimBriefs, the phase will initiate. Else simply ensure to select a gate (for cold&dark) or runway as takeoff, and again either a arrival gate or runway, then selecting ILS High, and inputting dept procedures (SID) & arrival procedures (STAR) from Simbrief, finally ensure the cruise level is identical, the aircraft while in managed mode will initiate crz phase as intended.

That process leads me to believe the bug is cause by a discrepancy between some form of data variant being either generated or stored separately to the Boolean data called by either the in-game assistance / ATC; or if the MCDU is partially responsible for only the game’s/aircraft’s performance, eg: the inputting of crz lvl in the init page only impacts the aircraft’s display and not performance.

I’m not sure, it’s certainly repeatable. But also has a workaround as aforementioned, plan on SimBrief, start at gate, mirror both SID&STAR, mirror ILS/RNAV etc, AND CRUISE LEVEL from within the world map planner.

7heAngryVe7eran

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:04 pm

Godders wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:05 am
I've tried all that now and it's still doing the samething unfortunately
Are you available to speak in discord sometime? You're welcome to send me your flight plan with the info on the cruise alt, ci, etc. I'm interested in flying it to see what the aircraft does.