A330 issues.

Pilots general chatter area... this is your general discussion forum!
Burnzee Boyee

A330 issues.

Post by Burnzee Boyee » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:06 am

Hi all.
Xbox series x user. When starting up my A330, I find that the APU Start/When available option doesn't work. If I do the 'auto complete page' it seems.to hang every time. Longest I've waited was 35 mins.

So I have to force complete the action. Same goes for starting the engines. They just don't seem to start like most other A320 etc models I have.

Using xbox x controller.

Am I doing something wrong?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: A330 issues.

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:27 am

Burnzee Boyee wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:06 am
Hi all.
Xbox series x user. When starting up my A330, I find that the APU Start/When available option doesn't work. If I do the 'auto complete page' it seems.to hang every time. Longest I've waited was 35 mins.

So I have to force complete the action. Same goes for starting the engines. They just don't seem to start like most other A320 etc models I have.

Using xbox x controller.

strange. What do you mean autocomplete page?

can you outline step by step what exactly it is you are doing and confirm you are using the latest version please.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Burnzee Boyee

Post by Burnzee Boyee » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:07 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:27 am
Burnzee Boyee wrote:
Hi all.

Using xbox x controller.

can you outline step by step what exactly it is you are doing and confirm you are using the latest version please.
Hi, yes, on the xbox there is an option you can select called check list where you can select to auto complete the page which has 3 sections for the A330- Before Starting Engine, engine, starting and after engine start.

The check list runs right to APU start and then seems to stop or hang.

Same for starting the engines, it gets to confirm stabilisation...and hangs again.

I bought the A330 last month and appear to have all the latest updates.

Any more info required I can glady share.

Thanks

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:29 pm

Burnzee Boyee wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:07 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Burnzee Boyee wrote:
Hi all.

Using xbox x controller.

Hi, yes, on the xbox there is an option you can select called check list where you can select to auto complete the page which has 3 sections for the A330- Before Starting Engine, engine, starting and after engine start.

Same for starting the engines, it gets to confirm stabilisation...and hangs again.

Thanks
Will check and see what's wrong.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Burnzee Boyee

Post by Burnzee Boyee » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:04 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:29 pm
Burnzee Boyee wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:07 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:

Thanks
Will check and see what's wrong.
Much appreciated @RicardoLVFR

maxpmonaghan

Post by maxpmonaghan » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:33 am

I use Xbox cloud play on a Chromebook, and that’s not even a joke. So I’ve found any Xbox bugs that only sometimes occur are usually the rule rather than the exception. If it was me I’d try do it as you say, following the tutorial video, confirm it’s not working. Without restarting the flight or game, use the tablet to set the aircraft to ready for taxi. If it works, shut the engines down and first attempt to restart yourself. That should work, if you can’t do it yourself it’s the installation I’d guess, so reinstall the plane. Now turn them off again and see if the auto complete will work.

Sometimes bugs fix bugs and there can be many ways of getting around them.

If all shows you is it’s only the checklist feature is the only method broken, it’s either an error with the game’s / updates installation or a conflict with addons.

Try clearing your cache
Singling out the addon and test again
reinstalling the last MSFS update again if possible
Reinstall the aircraft
Reinstall MSFS

That’s how I would do it, in that sort of order

Burnzee Boyee

Post by Burnzee Boyee » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:27 pm

maxpmonaghan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:33 am
I use Xbox cloud play on a Chromebook, and that’s not even a joke. So I’ve found any Xbox bugs that only sometimes occur are usually the rule rather than the exception. If it was me I’d try do it as you say, following the tutorial video, confirm it’s not working. Without restarting the flight or game, use the tablet to set the aircraft to ready for taxi. If it works, shut the engines down and first attempt to restart yourself. That should work, if you can’t do it yourself it’s the installation I’d guess, so reinstall the plane. Now turn them off again and see if the auto complete will work.

Sometimes bugs fix bugs and there can be many ways of getting around them.

If all shows you is it’s only the checklist feature is the only method broken, it’s either an error with the game’s / updates installation or a conflict with addons.

Try clearing your cache
Singling out the addon and test again
reinstalling the last MSFS update again if possible
Reinstall the aircraft
Reinstall MSFS

That’s how I would do it, in that sort of order
Hi Maxpmonaghan, I'll give that a try today and see what happens. I gave my A320 a quick try earlier as that had been fine, however it now appears to be suffering from the same issue with the checklist run through, so something has changed.

Cheers 👍

Burnzee Boyee

Post by Burnzee Boyee » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:04 pm

So I've cleared my cache, uninstalled the plane, reinstalled it after doing another console reset power, not the harsh one where you chose to keep games, apps etc, just the simple power down reset.

Everything goes great till the APU again, however I noticed that if I manually select it, it will go up to 10% then down to zero, so I press it about 2-3 times before it powers up to 100%. After that the engines power up easily 👍

Much appreciated guidance.

maxpmonaghan

Post by maxpmonaghan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:30 pm

Burnzee Boyee wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:04 pm
So I've cleared my cache, uninstalled the plane, reinstalled it after doing another console reset power, not the harsh one where you chose to keep games, apps etc, just the simple power down reset.

Everything goes great till the APU again, however I noticed that if I manually select it, it will go up to 10% then down to zero, so I press it about 2-3 times before it powers up to 100%. After that the engines power up easily 👍

Much appreciated guidance.
So I forgot to respond but I too replicated the issue and now am struggling with it. I’m not sure if I’m going stupid and have previously found a workaround that just became my procedure or if there is a bug caused by a particular event or trigger.

Either way, I have the exact same issue.

For the fact of doing the procedure, you could just do it for effect and use the tablet to set to the appropriate state. It’s an ugly workaround but it’s not as bad as losing the ability by starting on the runway.

I’m not able to check rn but I have a feeling I read a method to turn on the fuel pumps before the apu start and it worked. It may have even been you, but I certainly read it was a fix for this symptom elsewhere.

maxpmonaghan

Post by maxpmonaghan » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:25 pm

This is still ongoing and I’m unsure why.

Once I triggered the bug somehow trying to replicate the issue, it just adopted the issue itself.

I too have now reinstalled, wiped, restarted, isolated and mirrored the procedures from the LVFR YouTube tutorial.

Alas it persists.

I CAN get the APU to start past ≈7-10% by turning on the fuel pumps before pressing APU start. But it will not power up further than 10% before shutting down if I follow the correct procedure.

Further to this, occasionally the METAR search on the pilot’s tablet will not work while in flight. Having worked before takeoff for the DEPT information, can sometimes not when getting the DEST information before descent. Fully able to input the ICAO but pressing search does nothing. Not frozen, as I can scroll back to the DEPT METAR. This doesn’t seem to coincide with any black screen issues, seems independent to the Tablet. Idk if some airports are not available, possibly?

Finally, I first purchased the A320 & A321 which were perfectly working but suddenly approximately 6 weeks ago the send to CDU function simply does nothing, as in another post:
(viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2390)

I’ve again, isolated the aircraft at an unmodded airport both cold and dark & ready for takeoff. Cleared the caches, uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft. Authorised and reauthorised with Navigraph. Used multiple Simbrief accounts, the plans load, I have the briefing on screen. As does the Simbrief ID input and search. Just not sending to the cdu. I never previously had the issue of having to wait any extended period of time for it to send, and the same SimBrief id (903227) works fine with the A330.

I’m using Xbox cloud play via a Chromebook as I’ve previously mentioned, and I would expect that to have some impact but having been pleasantly surprised and impressed with how well it worked, I’ve somewhat ignored these problems and had fun playing with the A330, but I’d like to see if we can solve this before the next update, be a shame to miss out.

I didn’t know where to post this, it regards no one particular board, feel free to move.