A330 issues.

Pilots general chatter area... this is your general discussion forum!
RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: A330 issues.

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:05 pm

maxpmonaghan wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:25 pm
This is still ongoing and I’m unsure why.

Once I triggered the bug somehow trying to replicate the issue, it just adopted the issue itself.

I too have now reinstalled, wiped, restarted, isolated and mirrored the procedures from the LVFR YouTube tutorial.

Alas it persists.

I CAN get the APU to start past ≈7-10% by turning on the fuel pumps before pressing APU start. But it will not power up further than 10% before shutting down if I follow the correct procedure.

Further to this, occasionally the METAR search on the pilot’s tablet will not work while in flight. Having worked before takeoff for the DEPT information, can sometimes not when getting the DEST information before descent. Fully able to input the ICAO but pressing search does nothing. Not frozen, as I can scroll back to the DEPT METAR. This doesn’t seem to coincide with any black screen issues, seems independent to the Tablet. Idk if some airports are not available, possibly?

Finally, I first purchased the A320 & A321 which were perfectly working but suddenly approximately 6 weeks ago the send to CDU function simply does nothing, as in another post:
(viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2390)

I’ve again, isolated the aircraft at an unmodded airport both cold and dark & ready for takeoff. Cleared the caches, uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft. Authorised and reauthorised with Navigraph. Used multiple Simbrief accounts, the plans load, I have the briefing on screen. As does the Simbrief ID input and search. Just not sending to the cdu. I never previously had the issue of having to wait any extended period of time for it to send, and the same SimBrief id (903227) works fine with the A330.

I’m using Xbox cloud play via a Chromebook as I’ve previously mentioned, and I would expect that to have some impact but having been pleasantly surprised and impressed with how well it worked, I’ve somewhat ignored these problems and had fun playing with the A330, but I’d like to see if we can solve this before the next update, be a shame to miss out.

I didn’t know where to post this, it regards no one particular board, feel free to move.
Lets go step by step.

The APU, you clicked start, once and sometimes you need to click again. Let me know if it starts
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

maxpmonaghan

Post by maxpmonaghan » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:39 pm

Cheers for getting back so quick, it’s a pain that I’m on the setup I have because it’s so difficult to record or capture my gameplay. But I’m fairly confident on the game so you’ll have to take my word that I’m going to follow along accordingly, so let’s go.

I loaded up cold and dark to gate 132 at Gatwick EGKK.
Bat 1&2&Gen ON
Ext Power ON
Eng Gen FAULT
ENG Bleed air ON
APU Master ON
APU Start ON
*Faulty APU progress*

Restart Game

Bat 1&2&Gen ON
Ext Power ON
Eng Gen FAULT
Without ENG Bleed Air (OFF) - Could be left until starting engines?
APU Master ON
APU Start ON
*Faulty APU progress*

But again, full restart, same gate & state:

Bat 1&2&Gen ON
Ext Power ON
Eng Gen FAULT
ENG Bleed air ON
Fuel Pumps ON
APU Master ON
APU Start ON
*APU 100%*

Is the in game checklist the correct method and/or the exact same as the Tutorial ?

maxpmonaghan

Post by maxpmonaghan » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:28 am

Bar the A330’s APU, for which the Fuel Pump ON workaround is available for the meantime.

The A320/21 is more bizarre and unusable. I’m all out of ideas on how to fix it. Let alone what’s causing the problem. But I had a feeling that it began soon after I bought the A330, and looking at the MSFS logbook I can see that immediately after the first block of A330-900 flights, some completed and others not for whatever reason; not a single loaded flight on either of the other two had been landed.

I don’t know how it could even be possible that the A330 somehow affected the SimBrief & Navigraph, correlation not being causation etc but it’s just a coincidence.

I don’t have a subscription, so airac 2203 for me, is there some restriction on a free user’s capacity for authentication?

I was suspicious of the authentication page displaying successful even after a complete re installation, is that normal?

And, I’ve seen some users need to simply wait without pressing anything for it to load. Now I’ve waited forever, but how serious is ‘touch nothing’ is moving the camera to look at the flight plan page counted or only actual aircraft interaction?

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:48 pm

maxpmonaghan wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:39 pm
Cheers for getting back so quick, it’s a pain that I’m on the setup I have because it’s so difficult to record or capture my gameplay. But I’m fairly confident on the game so you’ll have to take my word that I’m going to follow along accordingly, so let’s go.

I loaded up cold and dark to gate 132 at Gatwick EGKK.
Bat 1&2&Gen ON
Ext Power ON
Eng Gen FAULT
ENG Bleed air ON
APU Master ON
APU Start ON
*Faulty APU progress*

Restart Game

Bat 1&2&Gen ON
Ext Power ON
Eng Gen FAULT
Without ENG Bleed Air (OFF) - Could be left until starting engines?
APU Master ON
APU Start ON
*Faulty APU progress*

But again, full restart, same gate & state:

Bat 1&2&Gen ON
Ext Power ON
Eng Gen FAULT
ENG Bleed air ON
Fuel Pumps ON
APU Master ON
APU Start ON
*APU 100%*

Is the in game checklist the correct method and/or the exact same as the Tutorial ?
The first 2 times the problem was you need to turn the fuel PUMP 1 on
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner