Map Information Mode A330 Neo

Pilots general chatter area... this is your general discussion forum!
VRandaway

Map Information Mode A330 Neo

Post by VRandaway » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:54 pm

Hope you are all well,

When flying with the A330 Neo on any route I seem to have an issue with the Map information mode (Where you can select, LS, ARC and Plan modes). When I select the plan mode from ARC, and use the arrows on the FMC to go through the Flight plan, on the screen, it will go to the next waypoint, but then quickly go back to the original position. Why is that? Is this a known bug and is there a way to combat it?

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: Map Information Mode A330 Neo

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:08 pm

is this on the world map? when planning?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

VRandaway

Post by VRandaway » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:47 am

This is when you are actually flying the plane. It's when you select the "plan" mode on the map information dial (which also can let you select "ARC", or "LS"). The plan mode should allow you to see the next way point when you uses the arrows on the FMC when the "FPLN" button is selected. Screen I am refering to is the one that shows the green line for your route.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:12 am

VRandaway wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:47 am
This is when you are actually flying the plane. It's when you select the "plan" mode on the map information dial (which also can let you select "ARC", or "LS"). The plan mode should allow you to see the next way point when you uses the arrows on the FMC when the "FPLN" button is selected. Screen I am refering to is the one that shows the green line for your route.
Will check to see if this is a bug, and come back to this topic.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

VRandaway

Post by VRandaway » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:34 pm

Thank you Ricardo, for your and your teams dedication.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:53 pm

VRandaway wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:47 am
Hi, we checked and this works correctly. How is your problem happening so we can try to replicate?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

maxpmonaghan

Post by maxpmonaghan » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:28 pm

Always worked correctly for me, even when other issues regarding the the MCDU or PFD/MFD has been effected by various bugs etc. Are you using the captain’s controls? I’ve previously had minor issues with the jump seats or instructors MCDU not syncing with the PDF. But never with the left hand (captain’s) MCDU not working (bar the black screen issue which effected all digital screen)

Have you ensured on the init page you aligned the ILS?

Have you tried on both the MSFS planned flights and SimBrief synced flight plans.

Have you attempted to control the ‘plan’ display with all 3 of the MCDUs in the cockpit?

Do you own any other LVFR aircraft, I assume (not being privy to any dev side knowledge) the whole cockpit basics are much the same on the backend, have you tried or experienced any problems with the display controls on either another Lvfr aircraft or the others?

What system are you running on: pc, Xbox, cloud gaming, etc?

Have you isolated the A330-900, ie; uninstall any other modifications and attempt to repeat the bug?

I’m still suffering issues with the A320/21 but am still able to enjoy the A330 for the most part. Despite the hassle, the complete reinstall of the mod content while isolated will usually correct the problems. Then singularly reinstall the other airport enhancements etc which will help you narrow down any conflicting issues which is often the cause.

Aside from that, if the other display modes work, and the physical dial is seen to turn when attempted, I’d highly assume the issue lies with conflicts of addition content / hardware capability unable to either render due to insufficient processing capability. I’d imagine the plan page would be calling multiple stored variables &/or cached values/data which may be over stressing the system. That used to happen on FSX with inadequate systems.

Beside any diagnostics or fix’s, if one was to use Simbrief to generate a flight plan mirroring the MSFS, or vice versa, the plan navigation display is almost nullified by the Simbrief maps which are able to provide all but the live navigation data. But the plan would be fully available to read/explore via Simbrief.

Hope you can sort this out